Asda Leaner Cuts burgers and meatballs

ginlin

Better to Drink your Syns
Does anyone know the syn values for the Asda leaner cuts burgers and meatballs?

don't quote me on this but im sure i have seen somewhere.. either on here or the FB group that the burgers are free. Im not 100% but im sure someone will come along soon enough and check as i cant get access to the sw calculator.

I think they are 7% fat, so they aren't free as they would need to be 5% or less, buthey aren't as bad as lean mince, which is usually 10% fat - so they are somewhere in between - just to confuse things nicely. Lean mince is 0.5 syns per 28g. You are unlikey to have ate more than 250grams which would be less than 5 syns if it was lean mince.

I think they are 7% fat, so they aren't free as they would need to be 5% or less, buthey aren't as bad as lean mince, which is usually 10% fat - so they are somewhere in between - just to confuse things nicely. Lean mince is 0.5 syns per 28g. You are unlikey to have ate more than 250grams which would be less than 5 syns if it was lean mince.
:eek::eek:I thought lean mince was free:eek::eek: ?

I've put the nutrition through the syns calculator and the burgers come out free - don't know about meatballs though. What a result!!

Based on this nutritional information Calories in Asda Leaner Cuts Beef Burger - Calories and Nutrition Facts

Hi hun - how did you figure out the portion size. They would only be free if the nutritional info was based on 100gram as each portion has 4 grams fat. That could mean its 4% fat or 25% fat depending on the portion size. The calculator will assume its 100 gram portion unless you tell it otherwise.

Sorry

I've just had a HM syn free burger for lunch - I got the recipe from minimins:

-1lb ex lean mince
-bunch of spring onions trimmed and cut finely (I didn't have any so used some onion instead)
-2tsp bbq seasoning (Didn't have, so ommitted, though have got some for nxt time)
-2tsp worcestershire sauce
-2tsp mustard powder (Omitted)
-1 medium egg, beaten
-fry light
- Salt and Pepper

Method
1) mix beef, onion bbq seasoning worcestershire sauce, mustard powder and egg together in a large bowl.
2)Divide mixture up into burger shapes.
3)Spray with frylight and grill for 10-15 mins.

I made mine up and froze, then cooked from frozen as required.

I used a wholemeal meal roll as hexb some cheese as hexa.

But I cook everything from scratch anyway - sometime it tastes nicer if you didn't make it yourself!

Back