Asda Quick Cook rice???

Discussion in 'Syn Values' started by snunnie, 5 August 2011 Social URL.

1. snunnie

snunnie New Member

Hi everyone, just joined to pick your brains! I bought a box of new Asda Quick cook boil in the bag long grain rice yesterday (green box) and it wasn't until I got home I noticed it was parboiled (hence the quick cook part!). I then wondered if the rice was then preserved in oil like microwavable rice so now I'm unsure if this quick cook rice would be syn free?!

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. BritMumInCanada

BritMumInCanada Gold Member

Diet:
    Slimming World
    if you have access to the syn calculator, just put the nutritional info into it, selecting rice (cooked) as your free food and it will tell you if it is free or not.

4. teen

teen post op loser

Start Weight:
    19st9lb
    Current Weight:
    11st0.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    8st8.5lb(43.82%)
    Just had a look and the calculator says 1/2syn per 100g But the ingredients say its 100% rice so would have thought it was free

5. ermintrude

ermintrude Gold Member

Start Weight:
    27st8.5lb
    Current Weight:
    17st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    16st7.5lb
    Lost(%):
    10st5.5lb(37.65%)
    Diet:
    SW
    If it's this one: http://groceries.asda.com/asda-esto...ame=Products&headerVersion=v1&_requestid=7474

they must have added something to it as it shows up as 0.5g fat per 100g. Rice doesn't contain fat. It may be that they can get away without listing it (if they bought the rice like that from another manufacturer, if it is below a gram or something?)

Id go with what the calculator says. It is only half a syn so not really gonna make a big difference.

6. snunnie

snunnie New Member

Thanks ladies, I haven't used it yet but next time I'll stick to regular long grain or basmati rice :)

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.