Asda Quick Cook rice???

snunnie

Hi everyone, just joined to pick your brains! I bought a box of new Asda Quick cook boil in the bag long grain rice yesterday (green box) and it wasn't until I got home I noticed it was parboiled (hence the quick cook part!). I then wondered if the rice was then preserved in oil like microwavable rice so now I'm unsure if this quick cook rice would be syn free?!

if you have access to the syn calculator, just put the nutritional info into it, selecting rice (cooked) as your free food and it will tell you if it is free or not.

If it's this one: http://groceries.asda.com/asda-esto...ame=Products&headerVersion=v1&_requestid=7474

they must have added something to it as it shows up as 0.5g fat per 100g. Rice doesn't contain fat. It may be that they can get away without listing it (if they bought the rice like that from another manufacturer, if it is below a gram or something?)

Id go with what the calculator says. It is only half a syn so not really gonna make a big difference.

Thanks ladies, I haven't used it yet but next time I'll stick to regular long grain or basmati rice :)

Back