Asda wholemeal pitta bread

prehaps because morrisons arent paying SW for the pleasure of the advertising/promotion? or is that me being cynical?

Probably:8855:

Seems strange because the morrisons ones are higher in fibre and lower in fat...:confused:

OK, the original Asda wholemeal pittas that WERE a HEXb and were discontinued:-

Cals 126 (230 per 100g)
Protien 5.4 (9.9 per 100g)
Carbs 24.6 (44.8 per 100g)
Fat 0.7 (1.2 per 100g)
Fibre 2.9 (5.3 per 100g)
Sodium 0.11 (0.2 per 100g).

Interesting comparing them! Morrisons have the same amount (well 0.1g more!) of fibre per 100g as the old Asda HEXb ones, whereas the flatbread co ones that Asda are now selling have 1g less. Both Morrisons and Flatbread Co. are higher in fat, but Morrisons only very slightly!! Calories PER PITTA have a negligable difference. So based on fibre and fat I can kind of see why the Flatbread Co. ones aren't classed as a HEXb but I can't see why Morrisons aren't as the nutritional value is very similar to the original ones- so I think I'm just going to cheat and start buying these on principal!!! SO THERE!!XXX

YEY I think I'll use mine then, seeing as I bought them anyways!:D

Haha thanks Funcurls.. I'll pop into Morrisons at some point and get theirs :D

there's only a morrisons near me and it doesn't have the pitta bread :(

took a bus to trowbridge and went to Asda's there, once again no pitta :grumble: i think the pitta makers hate me or something. i will just have to keep making my own free version with rice. :(

ASDA HEX pittas no longer exist, though they are still listed on the SW website still as a HEX (sort it out Slimming World!!!). The ASDA pittas are now provided by "The Flatbread CO" - this is the SW syns online entry:

The Flatbread Co Wholemeal Pittas, 6 pack 60g each

extraeasy.gif
7 Syns on Extra Easy
red.gif
Original 7 Syns
green.gif
Green 7 Syns

This is the ASDA entry (that are no longer stocked anywhere) - so you can see the two types are not the same

Asda Wholemeal Pitta Bread, 6 pack 55g each

extraeasy.gif
6½ Syns on Extra Easy
red.gif
Original 6½ Syns
green.gif
Green 6½ Syns

The ONLY pittas listed on the SW website as a healthy extra are the ASDA ones, and now within the last few weeks Co-op - (hallelujah! - there are loads of co-ops near me!!)

The Aldi and Home Bargains ones may be nice, but you would have to syn them

The co-op pittas are very very nice and you can get 2 packs for 80p which is a bargain!

That offer seems to have been going on for ever, i'm getting far too used to paying 40p per pack, will be gutted when the offer finally ends.

If i had a bigger freezer I'd buy up loads of them!

Blimey have just read this thread with interest!
I have been having Tesco wholemeal pitta breads as a hex!! I have been using the smaller ones and assumed they would be the same as the Asda ones oops!!

Just to add to the confusion!......I have noticed that my Asda seem to have brought back their own brand of pitta again ( definitely not the flatbread co.) and upon checking the ingredients they still don't contain oil so I'm assuming they are still a HE b.

Have you compared ingredients/nutritional info to the old ones. I think I remember rightly that those ones are still slightly different and do no qualify as a healthy extra.

Might of been the weight too, being over 57g

Have you compared ingredients/nutritional info to the old ones. I think I remember rightly that those ones are still slightly different and do no qualify as a healthy extra.

Might of been the weight too, being over 57g

I haven't compared them because unfortunately I don't have any of the old packaging to compare it to.....unfortunately.
However, I do know that the reason why Asda pittas were a HE b was the fact that they didn't contain any oil. If you look at other brands, they all contain oil. The ones I have seen in asda again recently look to be the same packaging and as I said, contain no oil.....so it's looking pretty good!

Back