• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

Asda Wholemeal Pitta Bread?

lolacola

Silver Member
S: 12st0lb C: 9st11lb G: 9st7lb BMI: 21.5 Loss: 2st3lb(18.45%)
Can someone please sanity check this for me. Really want fake-away kebabs - went to co-op for pittas and they had none. Then went to Asda (which I might add, is miles away from where I live!) and got their wm pittas as I was under the impression that they were a HeB choice, but I'm now reading online that they changed their recipe and are no longer a HeB? AHHHHHH!!

Can someone confirm this for me? :D

Get Rid of this ad and join in on the conversation for free today! Tap here!

MandiNKel

S: 14st1lb C: 12st4lb G: 11st0lb Loss: 1st11lb(12.69%)
Hi
Just been on SW website and checked and they are still on HEB list so they must still be an HEB.

S: 10st9lb C: 10st6lb G: 9st7lb BMI: 25.1 Loss: 0st3lb(2.01%)
I thought they removed the Asda one's from the HEB list for a short while, but this was a bit ago, and then Asda changed the recipe again and it was put back on the list.

Probably because they noticed absolutely no-one was buying them any more after they changed the recipe simply because of Slimming World :8855:

mandy296

Silver Member
S: 12st12lb C: 9st11lb G: 9st3.5lb BMI: 23.5 Loss: 3st1lb(23.89%)
I thought they removed the Asda one's from the HEB list for a short while, but this was a bit ago, and then Asda changed the recipe again and it was put back on the list.

Probably because they noticed absolutely no-one was buying them any more after they changed the recipe simply because of Slimming World :8855:
That's not quite what happened. The ADSA pittas never went off the list at all. However, most ASDAs seemed to stop selling their own brand pittas for a while and replaced them with another version that wasnt an ASDA brand - it was by a company called "The Flatbread Co". These were listed separately on the Slimming World website and were not a healthy extra.

After a few months, the ASDA branded pittas came back to the shelves, instead of the Flatbread Co ones, so once again, people could buy the ASDA healthy extra pittas.

It was incredibly annoying! But fortunately for my, there are about half a dozen co-ops within a couple of miles from my house so I never went without.

ASDA ones are cheaper though (48p instead of 72p)

3106Catherine

Silver Member
S: 15st10lb C: 12st9lb G: 11st7lb BMI: 26.9 Loss: 3st1lb(19.55%)
Can someone tell me are Asda wholemeal pittas a hexb now or not as I have a pack in the freezer!

Ally89

Gold Member
S: 15st5lb C: 14st13.5lb G: 11st0lb BMI: 33.8 Loss: 0st5.5lb(2.56%)
No pitta's are HEb anymore, coop and asda included (the only ones that used to be HEb up to few months ago)

EDIT: apparently WW pittas are still HEb

3106Catherine

Silver Member
S: 15st10lb C: 12st9lb G: 11st7lb BMI: 26.9 Loss: 3st1lb(19.55%)
That sucks. Well tbh they didnt look to good after defrosting so will bin them!