atkins bars

Sorry guys! My last question wasn't really clear! Bassically it's a question on the net carbs of the bars. The chocolate decadence says it has 2.1g net carbs. On the nutrition panel it states:

Carbs 19g
Sugars 1g
Polyols 16g
Glycerine 11g
Dietary fibre 7g

Everyone says that to get net carbs you subtract the fibre. That's leaves 12g, no where near 2.1g! Then people say you subtract the polyols, that's tales the total carb content to -4g!!??

Can anyone spot where I'm going wrong?

You only take off the fibe in America/ on american products. These atkins bars are made in the netherlands.

I always just take the net carb figure printed on the front as read, but I would think that it would be close to 19g total minus 16g polyols = 3g. I am not sure how they have shrunk this to 2.1 unless the other numbers are rounded.

The gylcerine is just part of the polyols - this is what gives you the runs.

For normal products - look at total carbs minus polyols - everything else will be starches or sugars.

Once again.. ignore fibre unless on an american produced product. xx

Edit - Polyols are artificial sweeteners, I wasnt sure from your post if you knew what these were. xx

It is confusing isn't it, now I remember why I steered clear of them :D

That's a very informative post Rach, thanks Hun

I agree on the meringues they are absolutely vile!

I got the low carb wraps & they are 7g total carbs, 4g net. I always would count the total as I seem to be sensitive to the fibre.

The best thing to do it try them over a few days & monitor what the scales say. If you are still losing a good amount, then you should be fine. If you stall, then stop. Everyone's reaction to sugars & imitation sugars is completely different.

I'm currently back on cd to shift the last few pounds to get to goal & some people on the forum have a can of coke zero a day & they still have big losses every week. Me, if I even looked at a can of coke zero I would gain a pound.

Back