Atkins weight loss

What is the average weekly weight loss on Atkins?

Hi Carol,

Can't give you an answer I'm afraid as I'm starting it myself today, but I'm very interested to see what the answer is. Did you lose 11lb in your first week of atkins?? That's fantastic - I'm inspired!

SlimJanine (Well hope to be soon!)

All depends - on whether you cut down on carbs beforehand, how your body reacts to carbs. I know it can be very very good, and if you get the right CCL, then weight loss is meant to be consistent. Let us know how you get on :)

Depends. I think I lost about 9lbs on my first week (doing a veggie version) and then it slowed to about 3 a week. I couldn't sustain it, so started doing LL to lose the weight so I can go back to low-carbing as a way of maintaining my weight afterwards. Hoping to maintain on about 60-80g carbs a day - but will have to have a play once I've finished RTM.

all depends really i lost two in my first week dh lost five pounds :eek:

but second week so far iv lost 3 lbs and we are doing it correctly so i do think its down to the person ,but im enjoying it so ill stick with it as long as i lose two pounds a week im ok with it :)

Hiya!
I thought the weight loss was ment to be pretty big on Atkins but mine has slowed right down i am in my 4th week and I eat under 20g of carbs a day... I have lost about 21lb on it so far... but i am slightly greedy and feel that it is not enough weightloss for getting spots! i am not a spotty person!! I love burgers... with cheese! so it is great, but cos of the slowing down i am moving on to the CD at the end of the month.

But good luck for what ever you decide! xx

I lost a stone in the first week but slowed down then. At the end of 3 months I have lost 2.5 stones so happy with that. Had a few weekends off so could have been more!!

Hi Carol wow did you loose your 28lbs just on Atkins? I have been doing LL for the past 4wks have have lost just under 23lbs. My plan is to do one meal a day low carb when I go away in 4wks time and then after the initial 14wks of abstinence to continue to follow a low carb diet. I have done atkins before and loved it. Have you drunk any alcohol in this time? Would be interested to hear if you have. So keep up the good work this obviously is working for you.

Hi Carol wow did you loose your 28lbs just on Atkins? I have been doing LL for the past 4wks have have lost just under 23lbs. My plan is to do one meal a day low carb when I go away in 4wks time and then after the initial 14wks of abstinence to continue to follow a low carb diet. I have done atkins before and loved it. Have you drunk any alcohol in this time? Would be interested to hear if you have. So keep up the good work this obviously is working for you.

Hi not done atkins at all. I dont even know how to do it. I'm just thinking of moving from CD, a bit fed up of having no food. Atkins going off this site looks ok. Is it?
Carol

I loved doing the New High Protein Diet, similar to atkins but I feel slightly healthier and I lost while I stuck to it religious, but once I started breaking I found it a terribly hard diet to get back on the wagon with.

Back