• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

Attending random meetings

I have to find a new meeting from 8th Sept as my current meeting is a daytime one and I'm going to be at full-time uni. Thing is I'm going to be commuting about 40 miles each way and I don't know in advance when I'll need to stay late at uni / teaching practice.

I know that if you miss more than about 5 weeks then your card gets sent back to HQ as a lapsed member.

Has anyone else had experiences of registering for a particular meeting, but then actually attending random ones during the week whenever you can make it?

Get Rid of this ad and join in on the conversation for free today! Tap here!
Can't help you I'm afraid as I don't go to a meeting. Pixie Piratess has a friend who is a WW leader so might be able to tell you what that would mean.

I have a monthly pass which encourages me to go somewhere. Might this help you. Also I'm sure if you choose a class then that leader might do others during the week. So you could always see the same person and she would know your situation

Irene xx

I know that if you miss more than about 5 weeks then your card gets sent back to HQ as a lapsed member.

Not too sure if i can help but i'll give it a shot! I'm assuming you have a meeting before 8th, could you chat to your leader and see what he/she recommends? I am on a monthly pass, i have missed a few meetings, for various reasons and i have attended a few different locations (even one when i was on holiday 3 hours away from where i live). I dont think it would be too much of a problem. Is it 5 consecutive weeks or any 5 random weeks? x

It is 5 consecutive weeks. I will be getting a monthly pass (had one last year which I cancelled when I started helping out at my meeting). I'll have a chat with my current leader tomorrow to see what she says. I've had a look on the website and I need a meeting that starts 7pm or later and they seem to be few and far between so I don't think I'll have the luxury of going to different meetings with the same leader :(

Thanks for the advice :)