To being a healthy Mumma & not being a hypocrite when I finally get into Midwifery<3

SJC91

Hi everyone!

So thankful I decided to look for a forum to talk to fellow SW members (how come slimming world don't have their own?).

I originally went to my first ever SW meeting in July this year, I was a 100% weight watchers fan but, decided I needed a change after i kept loosing a lot putting it back on etc..

So I did SW from July till the middle of August and lost 13lbs, I went from 15st 3lbs to 14st 4lbs. My partner and I then moved into out first home together with out son and through the stress and packing then unpacking I ate my way back to 14st 12lbs.

I joined a new SW group just over 3 weeks ago and have to date lost 7lbs yay! So current weight is 14st 6lbs only 2 to go until I'm back where I finished last time.

But I feel i'm no where near as motivated as last time I find myself heading to the freezer and grabbing a couple of spoons of ice cream nearly most nights and not counting it. Can't forget my tassimo coffee machine which I have a latte from every morning and not count it. The extras like butter, sauce gravy etc I just forget about!

I need to get back into the habit of writing absolutely everything down. My meals are fine they are always something I can eat with SW it's just I eat in-between and add things like ketchup or gravy :( HELP PLEASE!!

So my reasons for loosing weight umm well I'm fat lol! On a serious note I have an 18 month son who can run circles around me he's my world and he deserves a mum who can play tag with him without feeling like she is about to have a heart attack!

Although that is a massive reason I also have one other major reason, I want to be a midwife! I don't want to be a hypocrite midwife either one who preaches about eating healthy and how being fat can affect this and that and have higher risks blah blah blah how can I hold my head up high and say those things if I don't practice what I preach?

So I quit smoking in January because I also had the same views on that plus i personally wouldn't have liked it if the midwife who delivered my son smoked just my personal preference.

So i've realised I've babbled way to much sorry about that, I basically have until dec/jan to loose at least a stone for my Uni interview.

xx

Last edited:
Welcome to Minimins and good luck with your weight loss. I was surprised SW didn't have their own online forum too, but minimins is amazing and everyone here is so supportive.

It's great that you're wanting to go into Midwifery, I considered it for a while but in the end settled on radiography. Just sent my UCAS form off this year to hopefully start next Sept. In the mean time I want to get this weight off so I'm fighting fit for all those long shifts on the ward!

Well done on your 7lbs so far! What day do you weigh in? xx

Back