AUGUST CHALLENGE - 8 MONTHS IN

Woohoo , 2lb off, 12'5! That's 5lb under my original target, very pleased with that. The cycling and running paying off and getting easier. Last night did over 5 miles run on road, it was a breeze outward leg. Well chuffed as I am taking on more syns on board too, peanut butter, choc spread, home made brownies....I worked out I had about 24 syns yesterday alone.. Still, it should burn off, got a 60 miler lined up for tomorrow with cycling club.

Daz grateful if you could do the honours and show 2lb off please.

Last edited:
I have had to modify my stats. The August Challenge is ok as i have done 6.2 lbs since the 1st, but what i have noticed is that scales or Wii fit boards that only do stones and 1 decimal lbs are not accurate enough. I have been getting false results until now when i have started using digital scales that show lbs and ounces.

The maths

eg 15 st 3(0) lbs = 214.20 lbs
15 st 3(9) lbs = 215.46 lbs

Not a lot when you look at it, but i do not know my true starting weight, so in effect i could be actually denying or giving myself 1.26 lbs. Knowing the psychological side of this now i really would recommend to everybody that they weigh in lbs and ounces for the most accurate of gauges.

STS ?

Hi everyone :),

I just wanted some advice. I'm doing well on the challenge so far, but I just wanted to know, is it true if you have a big loss one week the next week you will loose very little ? I am worried about not losing enough next week because I had a good loss this week ? :confused:

Kay

Hi everyone :),

I just wanted some advice. I'm doing well on the challenge so far, but I just wanted to know, is it true if you have a big loss one week the next week you will loose very little ? I am worried about not losing enough next week because I had a good loss this week ? :confused:

Kay

Personally, i wouldn't worry about it. Enjoy your loss, and then next week take the result for what it is. I think it all averages out in the end anyway.

Personally, i wouldn't worry about it. Enjoy your loss, and then next week take the result for what it is. I think it all averages out in the end anyway.

Thanks Daz your right, I should stop worrying about it, but I know it can't be a great week every week. I will have to settle with what the scales tell me. I hope its a good one ! :)

Kay xx

Thanks Daz your right, I should stop worrying about it, but I know it can't be a great week every week. I will have to settle with what the scales tell me. I hope its good one ! :)

Kay xx

i only lost 1.6 lbs this week, whereas the last 2 weigh ins i have lost 3 lb on each. But its still a loss, weight is still going down, no matter how disappointed i may be about it. :D

i only lost 1.6 lbs this week, whereas the last 2 weigh ins i have lost 3 lb on each. But its still a loss, weight is still going down, no matter how disappointed i may be about it. :D

Your right again, as long as its a loss its a step in the right direction :) . I should really look at the monthly loss rather than the weekly. By the way your losses are great Daz. We're in the same stone range ! :p

Kay x

Your right again, as long as its a loss its a step in the right direction :) . I should really look at the monthly loss rather than the weekly. By the way your losses are great Daz. We're in the same stone range ! :p

Kay x

You are lighter than me, but i will put that down to the inch difference in height. lol.

You are lighter than me, but i will put that down to the inch difference in height. lol.

lol yep I just realised, but not by a lot, you'll soon be in the 13-12 bracket :) .

i hope so, thats my next achievements, 14 stone, 196 lbs, and then 13 st 10 lb is my club 10 goal and one and a half stone loss.

Looking at your previous losses, i'm sure your club 10 is just around the corner :) . I have a long journey ahead, still another 5 stones to my PAT. Oh well onwards and downwards lol.

Kay x

Looking at your previous losses, i'm sure your club 10 is just around the corner :) . I have a long journey ahead, still another 5 stones to my PAT. Oh well onwards and downwards lol.

Kay x

i noticed that you are going for almost half of your weight, wow, thats a goal to set. i wish you all the best.
And i had a nose and found your recipes, i shall certainly take a good look and try some of those out. xx

Back