AUGUST CHALLENGE - 8 MONTHS IN

Hi thanks for updating me but I lost 3.5 not 3. Every little counts I reckon! Thank you so much Daz- this must be hard work for you!

Hey...am going to pull out of this one after smashing last months target I have done nothing but gain 1lb for this one... I only have one more wi although I'm now back on track don't think an 8lb loss is likely lol then the next 2 weigh ins I miss because Iam on hols so I will be back for the October challenge xx

Hi Daz :) ,

Only a 1 lb loss for me this week, don't quite know what happened there :eek: . That leaves me with 2 lbs to achieve for next week. I hope I can make it ! I got my bronze award today so am happy with that. Will have to thrash it out at the gym to make sure I reach my August challenge of 10 lbs, fingers crossed ! Please can you update me . Many thanks :p for the wonderful job you are doing for everyone !

Kay xx

Last edited:
Hi thanks for updating me but I lost 3.5 not 3. Every little counts I reckon! Thank you so much Daz- this must be hard work for you!

ummmm, having made the spreadsheet and sorted all the formulas out, no, the updating is the easy part, just a small error with input. Has been updated now.

Updated all.

For those who don't realise, there is still actually 2 weigh ins after this week. A full week again next week and another couple of days after that. It may not seem much but another day or 2 could equal more lbs lost.

View attachment 103746

I've got two WI's & hoping I can get near as dam it to my set target, I NEED those two WI's:D

im lucky in that i have achieved my purposely set low target, and still dropping as of this morning. Will have achieved a couple more goals from my main set by Friday i hope.

Updated all.

For those who don't realise, there is still actually 2 weigh ins after this week. A full week again next week and another couple of days after that. It may not seem much but another day or 2 could equal more lbs lost.

View attachment 103746

Hi Daz, I wish I had 5 weeks. For those of us who get weighed sun-wed, its only 4 weeks. Also the target u set for yourself is by no means low - u have done so well !! :)

Kay xx

Hi Daz, I wish I had 5 weeks. For those of us who get weighed sun-wed, its only 4 weeks. Also the target u set for yourself is by no means low - u have done so well !! :)

Kay xx

Thanks Kay.
i shall play devils advocate here though and say that we have taken on the "August Challenge". That to me means all 31 days of it. So, if you have scales at home, then you would weigh on the 30th (late in the day) and declare that also. i weighed on the 1st (a non weigh day for me) and used that as my starting weight, not the weight i had declared the Friday previous. Even if you are in the Sun - Wed brigade you still get a 5th weigh on the 30/31 August.

Thanks Kay.
i shall play devils advocate here though and say that we have taken on the "August Challenge". That to me means all 31 days of it. So, if you have scales at home, then you would weigh on the 30th (late in the day) and declare that also. i weighed on the 1st (a non weigh day for me) and used that as my starting weight, not the weight i had declared the Friday previous. Even if you are in the Sun - Wed brigade you still get a 5th weigh on the 30/31 August.

Well that's great to know, if I don't reach my goal then I have an extra 4 days until the 31st ! :p

Kay xx

Well that's great to know, if I don't reach my goal then I have an extra 4 days until the 31st ! :p

Kay xx

That how i read it anyway, otherwise it would be a "28 day challenge" or "4 week challenge" would it not? im sure Texty will give me a slap if i have it wrong. lol.

That how i read it anyway, otherwise it would be a "28 day challenge" or "4 week challenge" would it not? im sure Texty will give me a slap if i have it wrong. lol.

I'm feeling rather down today with myself. I only lost 1 lb and I have been going to the gym 5 times last week. There were ladies in the group that aren't even doing any body magic and had greater losses. I can't understand why my body is not responding to all the exercise I am doing :confused: . I almost ended up eating mcdonalds today because I was so upset. Lucky I ate my salad instead, but I feel like giving in sometimes if the exercise is not going to work. My body feels tired and I feel I will never get to target if I keep losing a 1 lb, I have 5 stones to loose :mad: . Sorry for rant .

Kay xx

I'm feeling rather down today with myself. I only lost 1 lb and I have been going to the gym 5 times last week. There were ladies in the group that aren't even doing any body magic and had greater losses. I can't understand why my body is not responding to all the exercise I am doing :confused: . I almost ended up eating mcdonalds today because I was so upset. Lucky I ate my salad instead, but I feel like giving in sometimes if the exercise is not going to work. My body feels tired and I feel I will never get to target if I keep losing a 1 lb, I have 5 stones to loose :mad: . Sorry for rant .

Kay xx

Rant away, thats the idea of a forum, to help each other.

Now, again i may cause conflict, but i was using the wii fit daily. i have mobility issues so need to regulate what i do exercise wise. (cant jog, cant get on a push bike, etc), so the wii seemed perfect. But i got a bit fed up with doing all that and seemingly losing little, so i just said sod it and stopped. i have not had any slow down because of it, in fact i think my losses have been greater. Dont get me wrong, im not saying its due to the stopping of the exercise, but it hasnt been a major issue to me personally. My advice would be to stop and see how you go for a week. Of course you have to weigh that up against gym fees if you are tied into a contract, but nothing in this world says you have to do what others do.

Rant away, thats the idea of a forum, to help each other.

Now, again i may cause conflict, but i was using the wii fit daily. i have mobility issues so need to regulate what i do exercise wise. (cant jog, cant get on a push bike, etc), so the wii seemed perfect. But i got a bit fed up with doing all that and seemingly losing little, so i just said sod it and stopped. i have not had any slow down because of it, in fact i think my losses have been greater. Dont get me wrong, im not saying its due to the stopping of the exercise, but it hasnt been a major issue to me personally. My advice would be to stop and see how you go for a week. Of course you have to weigh that up against gym fees if you are tied into a contract, but nothing in this world says you have to do what others do.

Thanks Daz. I was doing it for myself, but my body is starting to feel tired. Maybe your right, maybe I need to cut back a little. I might go 3 days instead of 5 and see where that gets me. I do enjoy exercise but I wanted it to also boost my losses. Maybe my body is just playing catch up, I don't know. I'll have to wait another week and see. I also heard someone say that it's good to switch your exercise routine so your body does not get used to it. I tend to use the same machines that I like. Maybe it's time to switch it up a little and try different stuff out. Anyway if it wasn't for all the support I get from you all, my journey would be so much harder. Thanks again for listening :).

Kay xx

Thanks Daz. I was doing it for myself, but my body is starting to feel tired. Maybe your right, maybe I need to cut back a little. I might go 3 days instead of 5 and see where that gets me. I do enjoy exercise but I wanted it to also boost my losses. Maybe my body is just playing catch up, I don't know. I'll have to wait another week and see. I also heard someone say that it's good to switch your exercise routine so your body does not get used to it. I tend to use the same machines that I like. Maybe it's time to switch it up a little and try different stuff out. Anyway if it wasn't for all the support I get from you all, my journey would be so much harder. Thanks again for listening :).

Kay xx

Try swimming instead for a week or 2? I thought about cutting back to 2 times a week, but that will keep for when i get nearer to target if i start having problems losing. i had a sound off at someone yesterday for the same reason, not feeling like i was losing as much as i want, but this morning i had lost enough to make me more confident. i think we all have fits and bursts at times.

Try swimming instead for a week or 2? I thought about cutting back to 2 times a week, but that will keep for when i get nearer to target if i start having problems losing. i had a sound off at someone yesterday for the same reason, not feeling like i was losing as much as i want, but this morning i had lost enough to make me more confident. i think we all have fits and bursts at times.

I only know how to drown, I can't swim :worthy: lol, scared of water ! But yes I need to keep going and wait and see what happens next week.

Kay xx

Unfortunately I had a sts today :( so my 4st award is still waiting only 1/2lb to go! Prob won't make month target but i'll give it a good go 110% week coming up! But I am "woman of year" at my group! Very happy!

Back