AUGUST CHALLENGE - 8 MONTHS IN

0.5 on. Expected a STS. But can live with a half. Had a works nite out on Fri & was doin shots & drinking cider. Naughty naughty!! No way am I making 8lb target :-(

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

Rant away, thats the idea of a forum, to help each other.

Now, again i may cause conflict, but i was using the wii fit daily. i have mobility issues so need to regulate what i do exercise wise. (cant jog, cant get on a push bike, etc), so the wii seemed perfect. But i got a bit fed up with doing all that and seemingly losing little, so i just said sod it and stopped. i have not had any slow down because of it, in fact i think my losses have been greater. Dont get me wrong, im not saying its due to the stopping of the exercise, but it hasnt been a major issue to me personally. My advice would be to stop and see how you go for a week. Of course you have to weigh that up against gym fees if you are tied into a contract, but nothing in this world says you have to do what others do.

On that The Men Who Made us Thin program last Thursday it was on about exercise & one of the 'theories' was that you'd have to do an awful lot of exercise, far more than we do, for it to have an effect on weight loss, apparently the calories burnt exercising are not sufficient to make much of a difference.

Sometimes I cycle to work, when the weather is fine, but I'd say December - March I drive to work & it doesn't make any difference to my weight.

On that The Men Who Made us Thin program last Thursday it was on about exercise & one of the 'theories' was that you'd have to do an awful lot of exercise, far more than we do, for it to have an effect on weight loss, apparently the calories burnt exercising are not sufficient to make much of a difference.

Sometimes I cycle to work, when the weather is fine, but I'd say December - March I drive to work & it doesn't make any difference to my weight.

see, now i personally think the whole weight loss/dieting thing is a farce anyway. Everything is designed to keep people going to the groups and buying the products, they dont want us staying at target. How effective would a dieting group be if we were all at target weight? There was a Doctor on the news the other night and he said that he had eaten 3 meals a day, each portion no bigger than his cupped hands, and he lost a stone and a half. Didnt say how long nor what the food was, but we can all be sensible with eating habits and know that fish and chips wont cut it when eating them every night.

Not lost anything this week but not concerned with all that is going on at present.

Not WI this week at my local classes as have been suffering with food poisoning from a takeaway on Sunday night. Gutted as I picked what I thought was a healthy option and think it was the rice that was off :(

Lost a lb it's coming off slowly......I lowered my target so I have 20lb left to lose and I want it by Xmas x

Back