August Goals

That was supposed to say 'draw a line under'
LASS x

Thanks guys- no worries I need an ass kicking :)

Not sure what's happening with my Granda- he's unstable at the min and having trouble breathing.

Fingers crossed...

Thanks all- decision made- going x

Leb- had a similar exp in march- it sucks and love sent your way. Do whatever it is u need to cope and message anytime if you need to talk x

Sorry to great about your granda LEB. My granda had the same sort of problem, he actually had an oxygen tank that he had to use all the time for a couple of years... that was down to the smoking though. Get back to it when you feel up to it *hugs* x

Sent from my Galaxy S using MiniMins

Good luck u do what u feel u have to do, so sorry to hear about ur granda, hope he improves soon.

My sister (26) had a heart attack on the 30th April and was in a coma for 4 wks, she is out if the coma but is left in a vegetive state, doctors say she will most likely remain this way as her whole brain is severely damaged :( through all of this I have looked at my own lifestyle and continued with my weight loss it keeps me focused, I HAVE to get myself at a healthy goal as I would hate my children to see something happen to me, don't get me wrong I do sometimes think I am being petty worrying about how I look and that was initially y I started ww, now my reasons have changed and are from a health point of view, thankfully my sister has no children couldn't bear a poor child having to c their mum like that.

Anyhow I know my sister and ur granda are different stories completely, I just wanted to share how & y I got my motivation from such a tragic event, hopefully u can find some too, xxxxx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Touching story Michelle. So sorry to hear about your sister, thats very sad :( Was the heart attack weight related and thats why you feel so motivated? I know what you mean... I'll never smoke again after what happened to my Granda. My Dad has ended up with high Blood Pressure and Diabetes, high risk of a stroke all because of his unhealthy diet so thats spurring me on too.
Your weight loss so far has been amazing by the way!! So glad you posted that wee story, has really made me think about things. I started my weight loss for vain reasons too but now I also feel its more for my health as I'm at risk of the same things my family are suffering from. *hugs* xx

Michelle, what a sad story! I wish all of your family all the best and I think you're an inspiration!!

No the heart attack wasn't from her being overweight, in fact she was at the other end of the spectrum she only weighed 6st1lbs when she was admitted to hospital she same height as me 5ft4 they not sure what caused it, but she started having panic attacks last yr and with her being underweight think her busy hectic life as well as liking a drink was too much but too b honest we don't really know what caused it.
We have been told it could have been a combination of all the above.
Life can b very very cruel, but I am a great believer in finding strength from everything life throws at you,
Glad I could help, and good luck, if u ever need a chat, or a kick up the bum lol just message me :)

LikeASweetShop said:
Michelle, what a sad story! I wish all of your family all the best and I think you're an inspiration!!

Thanks, and I'm glad I could inspire u although I feel very humble, me + inspiration take some getting used to, been told same at my classes, anyhow thanks again for ur lovely comments :)

What a sad story but your strength is a major inspiration! So thank you x

.5 on this week if someone would add that to my goal- thanks x

michellethegooner said:
Thanks, and I'm glad I could inspire u although I feel very humble, me + inspiration take some getting used to, been told same at my classes, anyhow thanks again for ur lovely comments :)

Hi Michelle, a very sad story your poor sister and family. I totally understand how it would be an incentive for you to be healthy. My sister has been s diabetic since she was 9 now has lost her eye sight in one eye and only part vision in the other. Last Christmas she had a stroke and it was because of a hole in her heart. She's had heart surgery and is doing great. But because of such long time having diabetes (she's 45) her organs are slowly deteriorating. Looking at her struggle makes be want to look after myself more too. Hugs to you all. Bless you x

Leb hope your granda is doing ok x

Michelle,what a terrible time for you and your family. I think you're amazing for taking a positive message from it and not sinking into depression (have a feeling that's what I'd do...) It's a real reality check,makes all of the little things we worry about seem so insignificant.

We think we have 'problems' until you hear real life stories of others!! It's so humbling!!
Life can be extremely cruel at times but it's for living!! Who knows what's around the corner? xx

Michelle that is such a touching story. Thanks for your thoughts. My thoughts are with u and your family. You are doing amazing with your weight loss.

Like Jackie said who knows what's around the corner!

My Granda is keeping a bit better- but not out of the woods yet.

Thanks guys for all you words- feeling a bit better- got out of the house up to school- seen all my 6th formers getting their results. Went for lunch and now getting some stuff ready for going back to work (school) next week xx

3lbs off this week woohoo

5lbs off this week!!! Can't believe it. target met. Good luck everyone x

LikeASweetShop 7lbs (-3.5 +1.5lb, -2.alb, 2.5lb to
Claree__x -10lbs (-1lb, 9lb to go)
Biscuit lover -7lbs
Mets - 6lbs (STS, +1lb 7 to go!)
Jemmalb - 6lbs (-3lb, -2.5lb, -2.5lb, Target exceeded)
Smirky - 5lbs
Nomes - 4lbs (-1.5lb, 2.5lb to go)
Kellymarie -5lbs
LittleMissThin17: 7 lbs (+1, 8 to go - not happening at this rate!)
Rosie_Lee : 6lbs (+½,-1½,-5lb ) Target Met
Moonwalk - 8lbs (-4.7lbs, 3.3 to go)
Snugglepuss - 8lbs (-4lb, 4 to go )
Berryred -7lbs
smirnoff - 4lbs (-1.5, -0.5, 2 to go)
AGlasgowGirl - 7lbs (-4, 3 to go)
Whiteybitey - 7lbs (-5lbs, -0.5lb, 1.5lb to go)
Dia Duit Puisín - 4lbs (STS, -2lbs, STS, 2lbs to go)
Sonia1976 - 9lbs
Boo -7lbs (-3lbs; -1lb; 3 lbs to go)
MrsMc - 7lbs, (-0.5lbs, +1lb so 7.5lbs to go)
Miss D -8lbs
MaldonMummy -7lbs
lilminx - 8lbs (-3lbs, -2lbs, 3 to go)
Azwethinkweiz - 4lbs (STS, -1lb, 3lbs to go)
Mother Noah - 6lbs (-4 lbs 2 lbs to go)
Minxymoo- 7 lbs (-7lbs 0lbs to go)
Spring-sunshine - 8lbs
Primegirl - 5lbs ( -1.5lbs, +1/2lb,-2lbs 2 lbs to go)
CarlyLanky140 - 8lbs (-4lbs, 4lbs to go)
Jackieb68 - 6lbs (-7lbs!! Woop Woop!!)
DoingItForMe - 3lbs (-2.25lb, 0.75lbs to go)
Cheekychick81 - 8lbs
MrsLmc - 7lbs (-3.5lbs, -1lb,-2.5lbs - goal met )
xKimmyDecBride2Bx - 8lbs
starkissedx - 5lbs; (-2lbs, STS, 3lbs to go)
Nicola87 - 7lb (- 2.5lb, 4.5lb to go)
Kernow Jo - 7lbs (-4 lbs, sts, - 1lb, 2lbs to go)
Trefoil- 8lbs (-4lbs, 4lbs to go)
pinkstardust -4lbs
UK-dancer - 5lbs
Saint-penfold - 10lbs
TJ - 14lbs (-4.5lbs)
tras - 8lbs (-3lbs, 5lbs to go)
graciebabes - 7lbs (-3lbs, 4lbs to go )
missybct - 10lbs
KittieB - 8lbs (6lbs lost, 2lbs to go!)
Cammyttm - 6lbs (-2lbs, -5lbs target met)
Michellethegooner -7lbs (-0.5lb, -2.5lbs, 4lbs to go)
MammaCass - 7lb (3.5lb lost)
Yapdog - 14lbs (-6lb, -1lb, 7lb to go)

Back