Australia

WI and STS and i've been really good this week, But i did up my exercise so im wondering if this had an effect ? Im finding it so slow losing this last damn half a stone :(
Oh well today's a new week :)

WI and STS and i've been really good this week, But i did up my exercise so im wondering if this had an effect ? Im finding it so slow losing this last damn half a stone :(
Oh well today's a new week :)

You and me both Kel - I may have lost 1/2lb but I'm not counting it :sigh: . I would like to lose another 12lb and it is going to be a very long process at this rate. In saying that, I do think that upping the exercise has got something to do with weight loss not showing on the scales, as I have stuck to plan rigidly for the last two weeks but I also started doing the C25K programme 3 times a week along with my daily 45 minute power walk and Zumba classes.

I am definitely shrinking so that in itself is giving me the motivation to stick with it, I would just like to see the scales dropping too !!!

Keep up the good work Kel :)

Get your measurements done ladies, the weeks u don't lose pounds ul lose cms instead, trust me!

WI and 1lb off this week, was hoping for more as I didn't lose anything the last two weeks - definitely a case of slowly but surely :)

Well Done and keep up the good work Njay !!

It definitely has to be the exercise, as i started off well this week, but i've gone down hill, mainly due to well being due lol, So i lost the motivation for the exercise. So have WI today and lost another 1lb, Slowly but surely :)

I agree Jenny, my meausrements are looking good and my overall appearance is looking good too :)

5 more lbs until my target, slowly getting there !!

Well Done and keep up the good work Njay !!

It definitely has to be the exercise, as i started off well this week, but i've gone down hill, mainly due to well being due lol, So i lost the motivation for the exercise. So have WI today and lost another 1lb, Slowly but surely :)

I agree Jenny, my meausrements are looking good and my overall appearance is looking good too :)

Woohoo Kel, that's excellent. Wow 5lbs to target you have done so well :clap: and must be feeling so pleased with yourself !!!!

I put on a pair of jeans this morning that I haven't worn since my trip back to the UK last September - they are too big, that is the motivation I need to keep going !!!!

Hope you have a good week :p

Thanks Guys :D

Yes I'm feeling Good, and so glad im sticking with it.

If it wasn't for all of the help i get from you all, I'm sure i wouldn't have done as well as this..and probably even given up by now !! So again, Thanks for the continued support ;)

That's great about the jeans Njay !! bet your feeling pretty chuffed with yourself too

Good Luck to us all for this week !!

WI and lost 2lb !! I'm surprised as it's *week for me, but i think it's probs cos i had such an upsy daisy week, last week with food and exercise i've tried harder this week and it's shown :)

WI and lost 2lb !! I'm surprised as it's *week for me, but i think it's probs cos i had such an upsy daisy week, last week with food and exercise i've tried harder this week and it's shown :)

Woohoo !!!!! Well done Kel, great work :D

Stupid me forgot to WI this morning, I don't normally work on Monday's but I am this week and in my rush to get up and out of the house completely forgot about weighing myself probably not a good idea to do it when I get home :confused:

Keep at Kel, 'cos whatever it is you are doing it is certainly working for you :)

WI this morning another lb off was hoping for more but at least I'm still heading the right way ;)

Thankyou Njay and Well Done on your loss this week !!

Well this week has been a real struggle for me :( i put on half a pound on my WI monday and have been so off and on track all week. I know were im going wrong then try to start again and then go off plan again GRRR !!! Well from tomorrow im Definitely gonna go back to basics and get my head into it again then give myself i slap if i even try and go off plan, even if i put on next week ( which will be deserved ) then at least im not losing the plot altogether, and then just keep going from there....

Thankyou Njay and Well Done on your loss this week !!

Well this week has been a real struggle for me :( i put on half a pound on my WI monday and have been so off and on track all week. I know were im going wrong then try to start again and then go off plan again GRRR !!! Well from tomorrow im Definitely gonna go back to basics and get my head into it again then give myself i slap if i even try and go off plan, even if i put on next week ( which will be deserved ) then at least im not losing the plot altogether, and then just keep going from there....

Hey Kel,
Don't beat yourself up, we all have our bad days (well I do) and sometimes you really can't help going off plan and then doing nothing but regretting it. I think the trick is to draw a line and just move on,no point stressing as then you do just lose the plot. You really have done so well up until now and that in itself says something, just look at how much weight you have lost and think about how good it makes you feel, that in itself will help keep you in line.
Hope this week is better for you :)

Hi Guys
I am moving to Queensland in three weeks and was thinking about starting back up with SW when I arrive. I currently live in the UK so everyone know SW. How do you find it in Australia? Do you have trouble with HE's etc? Is it worth buying any of the SW books from here before I come over?
Thanks guys

Hi Guys
I am moving to Queensland in three weeks and was thinking about starting back up with SW when I arrive. I currently live in the UK so everyone know SW. How do you find it in Australia? Do you have trouble with HE's etc? Is it worth buying any of the SW books from here before I come over?
Thanks guys

Hi Lara and welcome,

Unfortunately a lot of the things which you take for granted in the UK are either not available in Oz or do not have the same syn value ie Heinz baked beans but there are always alternatives.

Some of the other girls on here joined SW online whereby you have an online syn calculator amongst other things. I personally haven't joined and have managed to stick to the plan and been successful with the help of this forum, my books from the UK and the help of other forums / facebook pages. If you are on Facebook there is a Slimming World in Australia closed group which was set up by Jenni who is also on this forum and really is a great help as there is always somebody there with an answer to any questions you may have.

Good luck with your move to Oz - whereabouts in Queensland are you heading to ?

Hi Njay
Thanks for the reply. We are moving to Brisbane, not sure exactly where yet as depends on where my husband can find work. I'm Australian but have lived in the UK for the last 10 years do I know how SW works. I thought with the outdoorsy Aussie lifestyle with BBQ's would suit with the SW way of eating. I think I'll wait till we ate settled then start up. Looking forward to chatting to you guys.
Thanks again

Hey Kel,
Don't beat yourself up, we all have our bad days (well I do) and sometimes you really can't help going off plan and then doing nothing but regretting it. I think the trick is to draw a line and just move on,no point stressing as then you do just lose the plot. You really have done so well up until now and that in itself says something, just look at how much weight you have lost and think about how good it makes you feel, that in itself will help keep you in line.
Hope this week is better for you :)

Thankyou Njay,
So far i've had a really good week. except for our wedding anniversary on thurday, had a chinese and drinks but have managed to stay on plan after, so hopefully this week won't be too bad..the scales will tell me tomorrow. I've got my head back into it and hopefully it shall continue that way :)

Welcome Lara :)
Definitely bring over the books, as they cost a fortune trying to buy them off Ebay etc, as the postage costs bump up the price. Im also doing SW the same way as Njay said.

Good Luck and hope the move goes well :)

Thankyou Njay,
So far i've had a really good week. except for our wedding anniversary on thurday, had a chinese and drinks but have managed to stay on plan after, so hopefully this week won't be too bad..the scales will tell me tomorrow. I've got my head back into it and hopefully it shall continue that way :)

Pleased to hear you've had a good week Kel, and a belated happy wedding anniversary - I think that was a reasonable excuse to go off plan LOL I had a really good week until Saturday evening came round and I managed to munch my way through a packet of Minstrels - damn things !!! My being good all week paid off though and another 1lb gone - these last few are really hard to shift, fortunately still heading the right way :D

Back