Australia

Ohhhh I must look out for those, r they nice? I like the aldi popcorn at only 2.5 syns a bag...

I like the chicken ones in the green bag - they are a bit like the old chipsticks you used to get in the uk, i usually add chicken salt to them to add a little more flavour though!

I must look out for the aldi popcorn and give that a go - am trying to avoid woolies - better value for money in aldi even with the 1/2 hour drive!!!

One of the girls in school today was saying that the 'Rice Wheels' in the same brand, are also very nice. I've been having between 5 and 10 syns a day, closer to 5 normally, how are you doing and when's your first weigh in? Mine's saturday morning, EEK!

My wi are monday mornings Lost 1 1/2 this week - i know its not great for a first week, but the day before went to the town races and OH's work had a marquee with free booze and a (unhealthy) buffet so actually 1 1/2 was a bit of a result!

I have been mixing it up abit but mainly i do ee or red days - all i do different on red is i sarifice a large jacket spud for a smaller one, but i get an extra hexa to have some cheese! Its getting warmer here so its getting easier to have salad with meals.

How bout you - how have you been finding doing sw on your own? I have been writing a diary on here and am finding it really helps, just me rambling really but its nice to have somewhere to vent!

I usually do just green days, and so far so good. I gym it 3 days a week, try to walk the dog for a good half hour a day and we're doing 10,000 steps thingy at school at the mo. I'm dreading sat morning but I know I've been on plan and have kept my food diaries on the website. I am so much more empowered now than I ever was, because of the website, I am in control for the first time in nearly 2 years, YAY!

Hey Val, I got some of the chicken sticks today and some of the cheese rice wheels, will try a packet of the chicken sticks later, NOMMY NOM NOM! LOL I also got some TVP (like dried soy mince) out of the health food shop and I will add it to spag bol instead of Quorn mince as it's also free, but much cheaper as it expands when you add water to it. I could never get the EE days to work for me, and I found red days just too meaty as I rarely eat meat, weird eh! I just love my green days, love my carbs lol

Enjoy - unfortunately i dont have a health food shop nearby but let me know how you get on with the TVP and i will may well have to hunt out a health food shop - i may well have to look for scan bran or something similar too.

Incedently i have found that the nestle no fat yogurt is also free - the one with the weightwatchers points on - so i can choose between that and the yoplait forme - whichever is on offer!!!!

Let me know how the rice wheels go - how many syns are they?

3.5 syns for the rice wheels and they were yummy! The TVP worked quite well too with my pasta tonight lol

First weigh in - 4lbs off, at least another 19 to go, but hey, it's a start, YAY!

Thanks Val, I was well chuffed!!! Now the slow weight loss continues lol

Hey Jen, thanks for the heads up on this site.

Im also in Oz, Brisvegas, from UK. Never been this big in my life and feeling vry disgusted with myself. Will be joining SW online tomoz or Monday. Need to be rid of 10 kgs before going back to yuk in May for my bros wedding :(

Did you purposely write YUK? haha

Haha I'm going back in March myself!

Hi Jen and welcome millo

I went back for 2.5 weeks in may just gone and Yuk just about sums it up!! It was funny how we have moved on and every1 else was stuck doing the same ole same old! Also be prepared for lots of questions re spiders, snakes and sharks!

On a lighter note - i bought frozen fish sticks in woolies the other day Brand was seagold - like the crab sticks used to get in UK but bigger they are free on red and ee

Millo - good luck with your starting wi

My next wi is tomorrow 1st thing - wish me luck...

Goooood luck!!! I am going to set u girls a mission, and this is it... In the UK I loved Mini Milk iced lollies, find something similar, and as low syn, here in Oz! GO GO GO!!!

Oh and by the way if you've an iPhone there's a minimins iPhone app, much easier to read than trying to find this thread on the 'puter!

Back