Average weight lose in first week or month??

I disagree with this mentality 100% I have asked a bunch of people what their average weight lose was! It has no bearings on them being a 7 stone athlete or a 50 stone lazy ass.
If 50 people tell me that they lost 7lb in the first week and 50 people tell me they lost 3.5lb in the first week then the law of averages tells me if i lose anywhere between them values then I MAY be doing it right.

Turns out, if i carry on like this till tuesday (weigh in day) then ill be in the AVERAGE weight lose values

Ooh, touchy! ;) Of course it has a bearing on whether theyre a 7 stone athlete or a 50 stone lazy ass. All else being equal a 7 stone athlete has f*ck all chance of losing ten pounds in their first week whereas a 50 stone lard ass has a strong likelihood. But if the 50 stone lard ass has already been dieting for a while that chance changes massively as it does i the 7 stone athlete had been down the chippy the night before.

Its also all very well saying the law of averages yadda yadda, but theres no reason to expect you correspond to whatever that 'average' is.

As a 27 stone 8lb 'lard ass' when I started, I lost half a pound in my first week btw. ;) I Followed that with an 8lb loss the following week. :rolleyes: So use your law of averages on that and Ill put money on you not losing whatever figure it churns out. :whistle:

* ;)

Fight! Fight! Fight!.....oh wait, our insurance will not cover it!

Fight! Fight! Fight!.....oh wait, our insurance will not cover it!

Oh crikey not a scrap! :eek: I've just been through the "Don't shoot me but..." post, sheesh, need some light relief after that! Whatever I say I almost definitely dont wish harm on you, your sproglets or your cat's sixth mother twice removed :rolleyes: Always read the disclaimer. And Mr Plumber must be a lovely man given that he is from God' own county :cool:

I lost 4.5lbs first week..7.5lbs in first month!

7.5lb in the first week, 14lb first month.

x

I lost 2lb the first week and 12lb the first 4 weeks.

well done!!

I lost 4.5 first week, 12 first month however only lost 4 in the second month lol

I lost 10lb in my first week but i started out weighing 26st 7lb so my first week loss based on the assumption that all parties stick to the diet to the same extent would always be higher than someone with a lower starting weight.

Basically the loss is entirely dependent on who the person is because 1 person might stick to plan 100% whereas another might not.

That is the unfortunate reality of things, but i would say for a first week loss anyone who sticks to plan 100% is pretty much guaranteed a loss and anyone not losing whether they wish to admit it or not didnt follow plan (not withstanding totm and other such hormonal reasons)

I know everyone says you lose the most in week one but I lost 1.5, the next week 3 & then 4.5! It's quite unsual for it to go up like that but I didn't complain :) Week 4 I gained as I'd been on a hen weekend.

I know everyone says you lose the most in week one but I lost 1.5, the next week 3 & then 4.5! It's quite unsual for it to go up like that but I didn't complain :) Week 4 I gained as I'd been on a hen weekend.

I was the same, I lost half a feckin pound the first week and 8 pounds the next :mad: I didnt do anything different, stuck to the plan. I swear his scales were fecked, mine at home totally disagreed with the half pound the first week. :( I just do it at home now, bugger his damn scales! :D

Having said that, maybe mine are totally wrong! Maybe I havent lost anything at all agghhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!! :eek:

I was the same, I lost half a feckin pound the first week and 8 pounds the next :mad: I didnt do anything different, stuck to the plan. I swear his scales were fecked, mine at home totally disagreed with the half pound the first week. :( I just do it at home now, bugger his damn scales! :D

Having said that, maybe mine are totally wrong! Maybe I havent lost anything at all agghhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!! :eek:

If they're out by over 100lb you have RUBBISH scales!! ;)

I lost 18lbs in my first week and 22.5lbs in the first month but then again I am a "heavy weight" member so to speak! There doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to how my weight loss goes each week!! It's usually the weeks I think i've done well when I put on or have a smaller weight loss. x

I lost 6lb the first week and gained 3lb the second!
Dory gained 1lb the first week and cried her eyes out! Also never went back!

Back