Average weight to loose

I'm not sure that there is an 'average weight loss' it really depends on so many factors - the only thing guaranteed is if you follow the plan (red green or EE) to the letter you cannot fail to loose weight.

See it was my first weigh in today and iv stuck to plan 100% and lost 1/2 a pound .. I'm so dissapointed ! X

i think anything from 0.5 - 2lbs is 'normal' if you stick to plan.

Some people lose LOADS more, but that can be for a variety of reasons - they may have more to lose, so lose quicker, they might have gained the week before or only lost a small amount the week before. They may have been exercising all the week, they may have eaten a million speedy foods blah blah blah!

Dont be dissapointed in losing 0.5lbs - its a loss!!!! Well done xxx

It may take your body a few weeks to settle into the eating plan, keep going and have a look at your overall weightloss over the month, you will probably be surprised.

That's not uncommon. Some people lose very little the first week and then lose quite a lot more in the second week. In my first week I lost 2lb and then lost 5lb in the following week. A woman who goes to our group lost 8lb in the first week, but stayed the same for weeks 2 and 3!

oh i also notice you did the Cambridge Diet last week - so jumping/switching to SW it may take a few weeks for your metabolism to know whats going on.

changing from a VLCD to SW a lot of people gain weight - so to have lost weight is very good.

Also some people in my group think there bodies work a week in arrears as they lost very little 1st week but had bigger losses the 2nd week!

Ellebear said:
oh i also notice you did the Cambridge Diet last week - so jumping/switching to SW it may take a few weeks for your metabolism to know whats going on.

changing from a VLCD to SW a lot of people gain weight - so to have lost weight is very good.

Yes did Cambridge for 5days ... Not for me at all!!! It was the worst 5 days of my life ... Finished Cambridge on the Sunday started SW on the Tuesday plus I'm due on tomorrow (sorry if to much information lol) so I thought that maybe that could have affected it... 0.5 Dissapointing non the less when you've stuck to somethin 100% lol xxx

I am sure its down to the swap between Cambridge and SW - your body had no food for 5 days - then it gets given food again - i think its entitled to hold onto fat for a little bit!

Give it a month as well before you evaluate its work - i think SW results over a month are much more realistic than a weeks worth.

Ellebear said:
I am sure its down to the swap between Cambridge and SW - your body had no food for 5 days - then it gets given food again - i think its entitled to hold onto fat for a little bit!

Give it a month as well before you evaluate its work - i think SW results over a month are much more realistic than a weeks worth.

Thanks Ellebear you've made me feel much better about it xx

Back