aysha's battle

Nice to have u back hunni!!!

Period from Hell and all I can think about is food :(

Ok so I have just text my cdc and told her how awfull I have been I have honestly not stopped eating since Saturday, whether its because I know fasting is approaching or just my period causing me to munching I don't know, I have been 100% today its been hard but I have stuck to it and want to stay that way grrr I am angry at myself but will deal with it I have had so many slip ups lately I am becoming used to the feeling!
I have asked if she still wants to see me sat or if I should wait till wed next week so will see what she says when she texts me back!

Ah Aysha i want to eat everything i see when i have totm its actually shocking!!! I think well for me anyways the reason i have been struggling lately is that i have been on a diet since january and it is actually getting to me now i just wana be 'normal' cos the last few weeks that i have been good the losses have not been great due to illness or totm gggrrrrrr i have my holidays in 10 weeks time and im gona try my hardest to just stay 100% ss the whole time (easier said than done i know) i just want to get my head in the same place it was when i started this cos i found it far to easy the first few months and now it is so so difficult!! I think if i knew i faced a long strecth of fasting my head would be telling me eat as much as you can while you can...
Im going to try just do it day to day now instead of looking at a 10 week stretch but i can say that this is the single most difficult thing i have done in my life so far but i made myself this way so have to just suffer a little bit longer trying to think of all the things i will achieve after this to get me through.

So you were good today so you focus on that hun you mad at yourself for slipping up so be happy with yourself today for sticking to it. x

Thankyou hun great words and help as always! Your right I want normality now, but I am so close I shouldn't be quitting I would be prob 2 stone lighter by now if i hadn't mucked up! I need to get my head back in it before I do more damage and with my holiday coming up in 4 weeks time I need to move it as I will gain in that week for sure! Hummph I am an idiot!

On the plus side my cdc was lovely and changed my wi to wednesday next week, so I have till then to knuckle down and loose what I have gained!

Keep that holiday in mind Aysha! Mine is the only thing that has kept me on the straight and narrow the last few weeks. I keep imagining myself shopping and enjoying it! In a bathing suit without feeling like a beached whale. The look on my father's face when he sees me for the first time. And on my brother's and other relatives & friends. Sometimes if feels like if I can't be good for myself, I can be good for them.

The benefits we get from this diet are so much more significant than the ones from the food we crave - it's astonishing! That short term pleasure won't improve your health, allow you to move with more freedom or make you happier in the long term, no matter how much the crazy little voice in our head tells us how much we want that cake, bread, whatever, now! I know this cause this morning when I went for coffee at the hotel restaurant I drooled my way past loads of fresh breads set out for breakfast. Managed to stay strong and get out of there, but it wasn't easy! :)

Stay strong! You're creating a healthier, happier you. The result will be worth the struggle!

tizzy51 said:
Keep that holiday in mind Aysha! Mine is the only thing that has kept me on the straight and narrow the last few weeks. I keep imagining myself shopping and enjoying it! In a bathing suit without feeling like a beached whale. The look on my father's face when he sees me for the first time. And on my brother's and other relatives & friends. Sometimes if feels like if I can't be good for myself, I can be good for them.

The benefits we get from this diet are so much more significant than the ones from the food we crave - it's astonishing! That short term pleasure won't improve your health, allow you to move with more freedom or make you happier in the long term, no matter how much the crazy little voice in our head tells us how much we want that cake, bread, whatever, now! I know this cause this morning when I went for coffee at the hotel restaurant I drooled my way past loads of fresh breads set out for breakfast. Managed to stay strong and get out of there, but it wasn't easy! :)

Stay strong! You're creating a healthier, happier you. The result will be worth the struggle!

Hey sugar pls don't be down I messed up and lost 2lbs so pls don't worry xxxxxxxx hope yr feeling better and good luck with fasting yr so strong xxxx

LeaE said:
Hey sugar pls don't be down I messed up and lost 2lbs so pls don't worry xxxxxxxx hope yr feeling better and good luck with fasting yr so strong xxxx

Thanx hun although I feel like I have put on a stone and probably have with the amount I ate! Really struggling but as the wonderfully tizzy said I need to keep my holiday and my cousins shock in my mind of when she sees me! Last time I saw her I was nearly 22 stone so look a bit different

You look a lot different! Woo hooo!!!!!! :D

Omg u look totally different it's amazing yr poor cousin might actually faint xxx you have done so well love and I'm sure u will continue to do so xxx

Salaam alaikum sis :) how is the fasting going? X

katiebaby said:
Salaam alaikum sis :) how is the fasting going? X

Waliakum salaam, how's you? Today is my fist day fasting so will let u know later lol I have started the countdown of hours already though only 12 more to go lol how has yours been going? I am glad I can go straight through now though without stopping for my period as I usually hate the stop start routine!
To be honest I am glad fasting is here as my eating was getting out of control and scared me, I haven't stopped since last Saturday and have a feeling I will be back in the 15s when I go for wi on wednesday but I am fine with it wierdly as the past 6 yrs I have always had huge binges before fasting so that hasn't changed, but I know now fasting I will stick to it 100% for 4 weeks because I don't have the choice!
This morning all u had was 1/2 a bar and a choc tetra as didn't feel like anything else so tonight when I open my fast I will have the same but am allowing myself some eggs in days to come if I struggle! I just have a feeling it will be the tiredness that will get to me more than no food/ water!

I know my goal of 12 stone is waaaaaay gone for my holiday I have 4 weeks today till I go to Cornwall so I am aiming on a goal of being in the 13s for when I go, I could be 13.13 and I wouldn't care I just want those 13s, so when I go for my wi wednesday I will know how much I need to loose to get there! Then when I get back off my hols I can concentrate on getting the rest off!

I hope all u ladies are ok xx

ayshaahmad said:
Waliakum salaam, how's you? Today is my fist day fasting so will let u know later lol I have started the countdown of hours already though only 12 more to go lol how has yours been going? I am glad I can go straight through now though without stopping for my period as I usually hate the stop start routine!
To be honest I am glad fasting is here as my eating was getting out of control and scared me, I haven't stopped since last Saturday and have a feeling I will be back in the 15s when I go for wi on wednesday but I am fine with it wierdly as the past 6 yrs I have always had huge binges before fasting so that hasn't changed, but I know now fasting I will stick to it 100% for 4 weeks because I don't have the choice!
This morning all u had was 1/2 a bar and a choc tetra as didn't feel like anything else so tonight when I open my fast I will have the same but am allowing myself some eggs in days to come if I struggle! I just have a feeling it will be the tiredness that will get to me more than no food/ water!

I know my goal of 12 stone is waaaaaay gone for my holiday I have 4 weeks today till I go to Cornwall so I am aiming on a goal of being in the 13s for when I go, I could be 13.13 and I wouldn't care I just want those 13s, so when I go for my wi wednesday I will know how much I need to loose to get there! Then when I get back off my hols I can concentrate on getting the rest off!

I hope all u ladies are ok xx

I'm ok thanks day 4 for me and first day at work. I'll be going straight through as my period stopped a few days before Ramadan started. To be honest I just said to a lady at work it's the tiredness that gets me I'm glad I finish at 4 but not happy to start at 8 lol I am lucky I can walk to work in 25mins.

You should be ok :) I know I can't eat a lot when I open my fast. I am being healthy though :) so I'm hoping to drop a few pounds.

I moved a few days before fasting and lets just say I didn't make the healthiest choices but I'm back on it now and dropped the few pounds I put on. Even if I stay the same whilst fasting I'll be happy to drop a few pounds will be amazing.

Don't beat yourself up you back on track now and you will get to where you want to be even of it isn't for your holiday you have come so far you should be very proud of yourself

Inshaallah we will be fine I more crave water than food when I open my fast and won't eat much as usually shower then read prayers then bed lol
I know any gain I will get off so not so worried just puts me back by a couple of weeks!

You all settled in ok now sis? Must be so nice having the house Congrats!!!

Hey Aysha im like you and have had to come to the relisation that i will not be at my goal of 11 stone by end september which is a big bummer and my own fault for messing around but im aiming to atleast be in the 12's which will still make my mommy go wow ha ha so i have 9 weeks to lose atleast 2 stone hoping to get 2.5 off so then when back form hols gona have to really knuckle down to get that last stone off but seriously think after my hols im not gona be able to face doing ss ever again ha ha ha maybe will be doing 810 for the last stone. Im glad you are not angry with yourself for eating cos you are in for a long stretch of fasting so like you say if you have gained it will come off so fast and you might be suprised and your wi wont be as bad as you think =) Mine is also on wednesday and im hardly holding my breath for anything major but i am so determined that by next weeks wi i will be seeing the 13's on that bloody scale ha ha..

we have come so far right yolande so an extra few weeks is no big deal, we can cope with it! your wi this week will be brill but i am expecting to see those 15s again!!

ayshaahmad said:
Inshaallah we will be fine I more crave water than food when I open my fast and won't eat much as usually shower then read prayers then bed lol
I know any gain I will get off so not so worried just puts me back by a couple of weeks!

You all settled in ok now sis? Must be so nice having the house Congrats!!!

We are settled in :) few boxes to unpack but I will do them when I can may have to wait till after Ramadan I feel so zapped. It's lovely to have a house though x

I'm the same I should be at my goal and beyond now yet I'm still 10lb away.

katiebaby said:
I'm the same I should be at my goal and beyond now yet I'm still 10lb away.

So close sis mashaallah!

Good luck u guys with fasting x I take my hat off to anyone doing it xxxxxxx yr all very determined and driven xxxx sending love x lea x

Back