B is finally going to lose it!

BrightonBetty

Silver Member
Hi everyone,

A quick introduction :) I am a 25 year old mummy of 2 gorgeous boys, I have a wonderful fiance and we are getting married in June 2013. I currently weigh 215lb and in an ideal world would like to be somewhere between 135-140, I will decide once I get there. I will try and take it 10lb at a time as the amount I have to lose always sounds so overwhelming which is often the reason I have quit...

As you can imagine, I have done every possible diet in the world, including WW, SW, SF, VLCD etc etc. I have briefly done Atkins before a good 5 years ago and it did work but life got in the way and I stopped.

So here I am again, I finished VLCD yesterday and moved straight onto Atkins/low carb. I don't know if it's because I was already in ketosis but I have not experienced any headaches or any other "Atkins flu" symptoms, in facy - I feel fantastic! I hated the fact on VLCD that all I could ever think about was food and how I was missing out. Now that I can eat lovely food it doesn't bother me that I can't have sweets and other sugary treats, doesn't bother me when kids and OH eat them in front of me - and that is something big! I chew and I enjoy food!

I bought a carbs counter book, the Atkins book and the FatSecret iPhone app as well as the 100 Day Challenge so I am all ready to go!

Any advice, tips, recommendations are always very welcome! (Yes, I know I need to eat more veg and greens! :D )

Nice to meet you everyone! x

Hi and welcome. Good to see your diary - keep posting and we'll all happily jump in with advice or indeed other random rubbish:)

Hiya Betty and welcome :)

Know what you mean about VLCD - I could only stick it for a day and was completely miserable, so here's to eating fat to burn fat! :D Read all the stickies too, there's some terrific information there.

Poeple here are a very friendly lot - it does get a little quiet on the weekends so don't worry if you don't hear back on a post straight away. I'll be a "neighbour" soon, am moving to St Leonards in a couple of months :)

Susie

Welcome Betty, Atkins is such a satisfying woe. There's always someone around for help an advice and the stickys have tons of info.

Hi Betty

Saw ur diary on s&s and have commented there too but I cannot wait to finish s&s I think we are quite similar I'm such a savoury person and I'm hating the shakes ATM! I force myself to eat it!! And can't stomach one at lunch so am having 100g chicken! That's all I look forward toz, and the veggies! Even finding the meal pack hard to stomach ATM I have no appetite and don't feel right! Why don't I want to eat! Soooo wierd! Am seriously rethinking it ?!

But I just wanna know what weight loss is like on Atkins!

Xxxx

Hi Betty and welcome to our Atkins threads.

ladyfelsham said:
Hiya Betty and welcome :)

Know what you mean about VLCD - I could only stick it for a day and was completely miserable, so here's to eating fat to burn fat! :D Read all the stickies too, there's some terrific information there.

Poeple here are a very friendly lot - it does get a little quiet on the weekends so don't worry if you don't hear back on a post straight away. I'll be a "neighbour" soon, am moving to St Leonards in a couple of months :)

Susie

Hi Susie.

Thanks for the welcome. VLCDs are a b**** and I can't even think about them! Yes I lost 8lb but what a way to do it :-(

It's lovely down here, you'll enjoy it, I'm sure :)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

emmaedes said:
Hi Betty

Saw ur diary on s&s and have commented there too but I cannot wait to finish s&s I think we are quite similar I'm such a savoury person and I'm hating the shakes ATM! I force myself to eat it!! And can't stomach one at lunch so am having 100g chicken! That's all I look forward toz, and the veggies! Even finding the meal pack hard to stomach ATM I have no appetite and don't feel right! Why don't I want to eat! Soooo wierd! Am seriously rethinking it ?!

But I just wanna know what weight loss is like on Atkins!

Xxxx

Hi Hun,

I noticed as well that we have similarities :) Like you said, I could not stomach the shakes anymore, they all tasted disgusting, even the meals - the thought of having to have one made me gag and never ate any veg or chicken as that made me feel like I would have cheated. You don't wanna eat because you subconsciously think its wrong and cheating, it's awful. I remember when I was last on Atkins I lost well. This time when I started I was 223, 217 on my last day of SnS which was Thursday and on Sunday (3rd day of Atkins) I showed 215. Haven't weighed since as I don't want to do it daily but you will lose weight and it's a much enjoyable way of doing it. I was desperate to be skinny for summer but I could not stick to SnS which means I would end up on a couple of month binge so I wouldn't be skinny for the summer anyway. So I will try a more reasonable way of doing it and be at least semi slim by summer and then slim slim whenever it happens :)

Good luck and pm me of you ever wanna chat xxx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Last edited:
Morning Betty, I barely lasted a day on the shakes, I was starving and would have eaten somebody, but then I was like that on every diet except Atkins.

Back