Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

Baby food

Discussion in 'Slimming World Off Topic' started by sarah5298a1, 23 May 2011 Social URL.

1. sarah5298a1

sarah5298a1 Silver Member

Diet:
    slimming world
    hi i make all my own baby food, my son is nearly 7 months, i would be greatful of any recipes, ideas and tips.

thanks x

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Happy Holidays

Happy Holidays Gold Member

Start Weight:
    9st11lb
    Current Weight:
    8st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st9lb
    Lost(%):
    1st2lb(11.68%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Way back when, all those years ago, I used to just blitz whatever we were having & give that to my two. I never made anything special & as they got older stop blitzing as much & gave them finger foods.

4. sarah5298a1

Diet:
    slimming world
    i usually make batches of stuff up for him, then blend it and freeze it in small tubs, sometimes give what we're having if it hasn't got salt in. i have just gave him a cheese sarnie for lunch with some chopped up banana and melon - he always borks with finger foods and often ends up being sick - he did ok today no sick but borked a lot

5. determinator

determinator Banned

now you can get baby stock cubes and sauces its so much easier . A simple cottage pie with mince , veg and stock is easy , fish with veg and cheese sauce , chicken with veg and stock ....

6. determinator

determinator Banned

My Lo found the best finger foods to start with were soft things like broccoli and soft carrot , and things that disintergrate like biscotti, organix carrot stick corn snacks etc

7. sarah5298a1

Diet:
    slimming world
    i have the veg baby stock cubes, i tired him on some tom and basil baby pasta sauce and he did not like it and he doesnt like cheese either but i will keep trying him on it. i usually just make casserole with what ever veg i have in he's had lamb. beef and chicken. i want to try him with some fish but not sure to what to mix it with ??

8. determinator

determinator Banned

fish is good with broccoli sweetcorn and carrots and then you could make a basic white sauce to make it a bit wetter if he doesnt like cheese :)

9. big bear

big bear A bear on a mission!

Start Weight:
    14st7lb
    Diet:
    slimming world
    My wee one is 7 months she has sweet potato, pepper & onion soup, she chews on carrot sticks, brocolli, cauliflour, melon etc...

I really just blitz down what veg etc we're having for dinner. She's still on blended as I've got a 2 year old as well I started her a bit later than I would've liked. I'm starting to add more lumpy things now.

She loves stewed apples & pears add to baby rice/porridge

I'm like you need inspiration...X

10. sarah5298a1

Diet:
    slimming world
    i mainly still give samuel blnded things, i have started mashing something for a different texture. on that note my bloody blender packed in the other day i have a hand held one aswell which i will use until i get another jug blender/processor. whcih ones are best??? i'm going to buy a decent one this time, was looking at a kenwood chef but they are a bit pricey £300 +

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.