Back after 9 years 🙈

SammyE

Silver Member
Hi everyone 🥰

9 years since I was last properly here and I did it, I'd lost 6 stone, I wasn't skinny but I was slim, my life changed, my confidence was sky high, I was really active and I enjoyed it. It's awful to allow my weight to dictate how I feel about myself, but I'm now anxious, don't like going out, avoid social interaction, which obviously isn't a problem currently when we cant mix anyway, but I'll still find reason to not go out and see people. This confident bubbly happy go lucky girl has gone and that's all because of this weight problem, so I NEED to do this and I need to learn healthy habits and change my lifestyle.

Since i was last here I married a man with really unhealthy eating habits and try as I might my will power wasn't strong enough, the exercise stopped, I yoyoed for a little while, but the weekly takeaways, alcohol and lack of exercise has seen my weight rocket. Of course I take full responsibility, my husband didn't force me to eat and drink myself into this state.

First time I lost weight doing total food replacement and yes it works, but I need to make changes I can sustain for life, not just to lose the weight initially.

So I started on the 11th of Jan with 8 stone to lose 😭 and in 4 weigh ins I've now lost 1 stone 2.5lbs, which I'm really happy with.

Going forward I'm hoping to lose 2 - 3lbs a week just while I have so much to lose, then aiming for 1 - 2lbs week. I am currently eating around 1200 calories and walking for between a hour and a hour and a half hours 5 or 6 days a week.

I could really do with a diet buddy to help me stay motivated if anyone is on a similar weight loss journey?

Hi @SammyE welcome back. Wow, you have some amazingly well in the short amount of time since you have started back. I'm not a calorie counter but I am here to support and cheer you on. Your loss so far certainly has me motivated.

Thank you Tipperary!

4.2lbs off this week so 20.5lbs in 5 weigh ins now

Hi Sammy, like you I lost 4 stone 8 years ago. Was in denial and finally decided to face the scales, and yes had put it all back on. Determined not to feel angry with myself. Going to start again and hopefully will see results

Welcome back Sammy. I'm regaining health shedding one pound at a time! I'm not counting anything - just eating so I'm mostly under 20g carb a day always under 50g. So I'll join you on yr journey to get rid of 8 stone but don't qualify as yr diet buddy!

Back