Back again and this time to actually lose some weight

tinkerbell2012

I have been with Slimming World for over a year now and I actually weigh more now than when I started. The problem is I lose one week and then gain for a couple and then go back to group and lose again but go off track again and put on again. I am up to 15 stone and I find it disgusting. My body is covered in horrible stretch marks and my skin has aged, yet I still stuff my face with take-aways and food that I know will make me put on weight! I need to get down to 11 stone.

I am fed up of this cycle and now I am committed to change.

Any advice would be appreciated. I know the plan inside and out, my issue is just committing to it.

Please help, thanks in advance! :(

I have been with Slimming World for over a year now and I actually weigh more now than when I started. The problem is I lose one week and then gain for a couple and then go back to group and lose again but go off track again and put on again. I am up to 15 stone and I find it disgusting. My body is covered in horrible stretch marks and my skin has aged, yet I still stuff my face with take-aways and food that I know will make me put on weight! I need to get down to 11 stone.

I am fed up of this cycle and now I am committed to change.

Any advice would be appreciated. I know the plan inside and out, my issue is just committing to it.

Please help, thanks in advance! :(

Omg this is me!!
Apart from I went from 16.9 to 10 stone flat (for one week!!) that was too low for me - settled at about 11 stone... Ad then bang - 13 stone.6 when I found out I was pregnant...the scales don't go as high as my weight now lol. Waiting for baby to arrive early oct (about 7 weeks) then I am whooping my own arse into gear to go to around 11 stone - 11 stone 7.
It has to be maintainable after all! :)

Good luck to u and your journey - I'm here for support and butt kicking should u require (which I'm sure u won't!)

Ate u back at group then?? X

Omg this is me!!
Apart from I went from 16.9 to 10 stone flat (for one week!!) that was too low for me - settled at about 11 stone... Ad then bang - 13 stone.6 when I found out I was pregnant...the scales don't go as high as my weight now lol. Waiting for baby to arrive early oct (about 7 weeks) then I am whooping my own arse into gear to go to around 11 stone - 11 stone 7.
It has to be maintainable after all! :)

Good luck to u and your journey - I'm here for support and butt kicking should u require (which I'm sure u won't!)

Ate u back at group then?? X

Oh my god, that is amazing. The gain cannot be helped when pregnant so good to see you ready to start again when baby is here.

Yes, I am back at Group so I will be getting lots of support there. Second meeting tomorrow :) Thank you for replying and for your kind words!

i was like you- i would eat takeaways then wonder why i was fat, i was just in denial.
now i couldnt imagine eating the way i did. i have my binge after i get weighed in once a week which is alot better than 7 nights a week the way i used to.
But what i do think is your head needs to be 100% in the diet or you are wasting your own time. I enjoy being on plan now and feel better than eating rubbish constantly.
get you head in the game and get focused. each week i look forward to updating my signature and showing everyone that i can do this, you can too hun :D

Reading this is like reading my own little thoughts - I had just posted a similar, (very similar) post. I feel like I have reasons to make my SW journey work but I am a complete self sabotager... I would absolutely love to get down to 11 stone and am just a lb below the 15stone mark... maybe we can do it together...? :) xx

Hi, I posted a similar thing on Saturday. Was all set to join WW and just thought hang on its not SW that's the problem it's me and I have to change ! I have been going to class for months and am no further on - all my own fault ! I have lost my books so taking it as an opportunity to start again tomorrow - new books, new start and move on ! The plan is fab and works if you work with it and that's what I am going to try and do :). I hope you do too GOOD LUCK x

All I can suggest is keeping a diary on here & counting all your syns, sometimes I know it's hard to admit the syns you've eaten. On a Saturday night MiL brings round wine & chocs, the other week she brought round a chocolate orange I ate 1/5 of it, I could so easily have eaten all I can't remember exactly how many syns I had but it was massive, each section is 2.5syns I had loads, but I wrote it all down, even though it was hard admitting the amount.

We all have a choice to make sometimes it's easy sometimes it isn't, but coming on here really helps me.

this is just like me too !

I'm on my first week back on plan (for what seem's like the thousandth time) - just hope my head stays with it this time :)

Good luck...we can do this !!

Thank you all for the positive comments. I am feeling much better after reading all these.

I have my first weigh in tonight, I really have stuck to the plan for the last two days. I knew I was on holiday and at a wedding for the first part of the week so I knew this week wouldnt be a great one. We will see.

Thanks again for all your support :p

Hey - we are all in the same boat.

I have had to climb back on the wagon - to lose the same weight again (over 5 stone!)! I am notoriously a slow loser! Its more than frustrating i can tell ya!

Anyhoo - good luck, and dont worry about the numbers (i always think of the special k scales that dont say a weight - they say stuff like 'gorgeous' and 'fabulous' instead!) its about getting healthy and reducing illness linked to weight.

x

Hey - we are all in the same boat.

I have had to climb back on the wagon - to lose the same weight again (over 5 stone!)! I am notoriously a slow loser! Its more than frustrating i can tell ya!

Anyhoo - good luck, and dont worry about the numbers (i always think of the special k scales that dont say a weight - they say stuff like 'gorgeous' and 'fabulous' instead!) its about getting healthy and reducing illness linked to weight.

x

Good idea, thank you x

Back