Back again, battling Gluten, Fibromyalgia...and Fat.

Hey hun how r u? I've found minis again yipee

Hey Emma, good to see you still here! Yeah I'm back again, I've been better but hey I'm getting there slowly

Ok so not updated for a few days. I've been on plan but not been feeling to good, just really exhausted, silly Chronic Fatigue taking it's toll. Some days I can be nearly ok others I am so exhausted and in pain I either can't or don't feel like doing anything. And at the moment I feel like I am coming down with a cold.

So I have no determined that my boyfriends scales and mine weight the same so last week I did indeed lose 5lb which is very high for me, I only expect a small loss this week after that.

Was planning on going swimming today but didn't feel like it so will hopefully go later in the week, hopefully the physio is right and that will help with the pain too.

Ok so diary, few days to catch up on. (The good think I like about being Coeliac is I basically get free reign on hexb, I can sub any gluten free bread as long as it's equivalent to 5 or 6 syns, was told this by SW online when I was a member for a few months, they kindly sent me a gluten free menu too)

Sunday I did a green day (I know it's not supported by SW anymore but oh well)
B: Free Free Granola (hexb and 1.5 syns for light soya milk) and melon
L: none
T: Jacket potato, beans and cheese(hexa). Walls light ice cream (5 syns)
Snacks: Free Free Cookie (4.5 syns), cheese on toast (Hexb and a), homemade mint fudge x2 (7 syns)
Drinks: water

Monday
B: Provena museli (Hexb with milk from a), plum
L: Bacon and ketchup (05 syns) in a pitta (6 syns), banana
T:Egg foo yung with chicken, green beans and beansprouts with rice.
Snacks: homemade mint fudge x2 (7 syns), curly wurly (6 syns)
Drinks: 500ml sugar free squash, vanilla tea, peppermint tea

Today - Red Day
B:none
L: Heck chicken italia sausages (1 syn), bacon and ketchup (0.5 syns) in a gluten free pitta (hexb), banana and muller light
T: Fishermans burgers and salad, gf ciabatta (hexb), 2 laughing cow (part hexa), strawberry souffle (6?)
Snacks: Curly Wurly (6 syns), cherries, 3x laughing cow lights (rest of hexa), apple
Drinks: vanilla tea, fudge green tea, 400ml squash, blueberry tea

Last edited:
So so so tired today, not even bothered getting changed. Was supposed to be going town as need to renew my driving licence but just couldn't be bothered. Going to Newcastle Under Lyme tomorrow, about 20 min drive away to a gluten free bakery that are kindly doing me a gluten free loaf, only bakery close to us that is gluten free so be nice to sample some fresh bread for a change.

Breakfast: none
Lunch: Scramble egg and bacon with ketchup (0.5 syns) on gf genius bread (hexb + 4 syns), muller light
Tea: Sweet and sour chicken and rice (1 syn for ketchups, 0.5 syns for sugar, 2.5 syns for flour)
Snacks: Mintoe (2 syns)
Drinks: 250ml water, 1 tea (with soya milk from hexa)

Been to Newcastle-Under-Lyme to a gluten free bakery, despite coming back with lots of goodies I refrained myself from indulging, I did sample some bit though!

B: Mesa Sunrise (Hexb with soya milk from a), pear
T: Burmese chicken and coconut curry (1 syn for light coconut milk), pineapple and melon
Snacks: coconut macaroon 7, 30g GF linseed bread 3, homemade fudge 3.5
Drinks: squash, choco tea, peppermint tea

Last edited:
Oh yeah, it's weigh in tomorrow, fingers crossed for another loss, doubt it will be another 5lb though!

Oh what's the Burmese curry recipe please
chicken fillet
1 small onion
2 cloves garlic
half cm cube of ginger
25ml light coconut milk (1 syn)
150ml chicken stock
1/2tbsp medium curry powder
small carrot
handful green beans
hard boiled egg
noodles
coriander

Dice chicken fillet, set aside. Roughly chop onion, garlic and ginger, put in a food processor and bend until fairly smooth. Spray an frying pan with fry light, fry the onion mix for 5 mins then add in the chicken. Fry until cooked through. Dice the veg into smallish cubes. Add Coconut milk, stock, curry powder and veg to the frying pan, simmer for 10-15 mins. Dish out and top with hard boiled egg and sprinkle of coriander, serve with noodles (I used Rice noodles but could use egg noodles if your not gluten free)

Lost 0.5lb at weigh in. Considering I had a big loss last week I was expecting it to be small this week,so I'm happy with that.

Breakfast: none
Lunch: GF oatcake (Hexb may be taking my GF free reign subs to the limit with that but it's high in fibre!) with cheese (HExa) and bacon, banana
Tea: herbed mince beef quinoa
Snacks: 15g GF bread (1.5 syns), low fat spread (1), 4/5th of a kinder bar (5 syns)
Drinks: 600ml water

Hi Ally, congratulations with your weight loss so far.. I have pcos too, so I know how amazing that is! I've got my first weigh in Monday, and will be so happy if i've lost any weight...Do you have any tips for someone with pcos doing sw? x

sounds good, I never know what to make with quinoa
You can do anything with quinoa really, its a fab rice sub or couscous sub too. My fave it breakfast with it, cook it in coconut milk and top with fruit, its delicious

Hi Ally, congratulations with your weight loss so far.. I have pcos too, so I know how amazing that is! I've got my first weigh in Monday, and will be so happy if i've lost any weight...Do you have any tips for someone with pcos doing sw? x

Best thing with PCOS is just accept whatever weight loss you get even if it's low, I did find reduced carbs help but losses tend to be slow still, if you can learn to live with only small losses and persevere you are on to a winner, I found the lighter I got the easier my PCOS was to handle (so much so my none existent periods suddenly became regular when I got to 12 and half stone), my cysts even vanished at one point.

Ok not updated in a couple of days I had a day of on saturday so won't post that monstrosity, it wasn't the worst day off plan but wasn't particularly SW friendly either. I finally went swimming today on physios recommendation, I am now in agony and only managed 6 lengths in 30 mins (I used to be able to do 50 in an hour) and so exhausted I want to sleep for at least a month.

So meal plans for yesterday and today (yesterday turned into a green day, it was originally ee, until I found I didnt have any mince beef left!)

B: natures path cereal bar (Heb), muller light
T: chips, egg, beans. Pineapple, strawberries and melon
Snacks: Kinder bar plus half my boyfriends (9.5 syns), banana, cheese oatcake (HEa and b), 2x mintoes (4 syns)
Drinks: 1 tea (0.5 syns for light soya milk), peppermint tea, blackberry tea

And today
B: Toast (heb + 1.5 for light marg)
T: Lamb and veg biryani. Banana and muller light
Snacks: Kinder bar x2 (12), orange, 2 ham rollups (hea for laughing cow)
Drinks: 200ml water, 300ml squash, camomile tea

Last edited:
Oh cooked in coconut milk sounds good, must try it.

It is, I have a recipe on my website but I don't think I am allowed to post the link, if you search for coeliac sanctuary berry quinoa on google if should come up at top (or near too).

Not having the best day today, not feeling to good, had an assessment for PIP yesterday as they had a cancellation and all I have managed to do since is worry about it and anything else that happens to come to mind at the time. So been a bit teary, in pain and got a cold to boot. Having a red day today, yesterday was EE

Yesterday:
B: Mesa sunrise (Heb and milk from a)
L: Tuna mayo sandwich (0.5 syns for light mayo and 6 for GF bread)
T: Beany bolognese (1 syn for cornflour)
Snacks: chewits (4), kinder bar (6)
Drinks: 3x tea (with milk from hea)

Today
B: none
L: Cheese oatcake (HEb and a)
T: Steak and salad
Snacks: fudge (6), curly wurly, oatcake (heb) with ham and cheese (hea), melon
Drinks: 1 tea (0.5 for dash of soya milk)

Last edited:
Sounds good. Hate when they cancel appointments. Hope your OK.

Can I ask how you do a red day? I've only joined on EE, but looking at red day posts I think it would suit me.

Sounds good. Hate when they cancel appointments. Hope your OK.

Can I ask how you do a red day? I've only joined on EE, but looking at red day posts I think it would suit me.

Sure, SW don't support them anymore as its the "old plans" but I prefer it. On red you can't have carbs, its basically meat, fish and free food (green day is the opposite, carbs and free food, (except a few certain veg which are too starchy (peas, sweetcorn are the main two I can think of off the top of my head), but 99% are still good, all your regular fruit and veg, yogurts etc. Syns work the same except if you have pasta, potatoes etc these become synned of hexb. And with red days you have 2 HEXa and 2 HExb. There is probably a thread around somewhere for the old plans which can explain better

Back