Back again but .........

puggy

this time I am going to concentrate on good old calorie counting and plenty of exercise. I think this is the only way I will stick to a regime that will see me lose weight and keep it off!

So from today every day I plan to:
  • consume 1200-1400 calories
  • exercise at least 1 hour
  • drink at least 3 litres of water
You see when I write my intentions it sounds easy ...I'll be slim in no time!

Well let's just see - I'm hoping that by logging each day and sharing my trials and tribulations I will be able to keep on the straight and narrow.

good luck hun just started calorie counting myself after tring lipotrim and finding it horrible so fot the first week im dong 1000 cals a day with my remaining shakes as breakfast and lunch then going up to 1200-1400. ive started logging my day on Food Focus - Permanent Weight Loss which some one else recomended on here and im finding it so easy!
good luck hun and let us know hoe your getting on xx

Hi!

I have found that not many people post on this board :(

However, I'll be here wishing you luck! x

Cheers Sarah - hopefully we can cheer each other on - I'll look out for your posts - let me know how it's going for you

puggy x

good luck hun just started calorie counting myself after tring lipotrim and finding it horrible so fot the first week im dong 1000 cals a day with my remaining shakes as breakfast and lunch then going up to 1200-1400. ive started logging my day on Food Focus - Permanent Weight Loss which some one else recomended on here and im finding it so easy!
good luck hun and let us know hoe your getting on xx

Nicolaann - I have just registered with food focus - loving it! It will be so useful to me so thanks for that.

Having tried every single diet out there I can certainly agree that lipotrim is not pleasant so good luck with your new approach. It sounds like you have got yourself really organised. Let me know how it's going.

Wishing you every success

Puggy x

you to hun, i was finding calorie counting a bit daunting but i figre i check face boom so much it only takes a few mins to log my food on foofocus, plus i like i can log my weight and exercise too! first proper day and i managed 1148 als today plus im flattening my garden by hand so loads of hard graft today too! this is a much more sensible option to dieting as it has given me the most understanding to food ive ever had.. which will help me keep it off.. simplest is always the best! how have you got on today?
nic x

Nicolaann
Well you passing on the food focus site has been so good because I had started logging everything on paper with a view to setting up some kind of spread sheet to log everything so you've really saved me some work.

I have certain foods I eat regularly so have already logged a good few favourites on food focus to save time :D.

Sounds like you have had a brilliant day today - well done you. Mine has been good too - decent amount of exercise (spin class & hour long walk) and pretty good on food (apart from a lager in the local...oops!).

Have organised tomorrow's meals and have booked a couple of classes at the local gym. No excuses then.

Like you, it's early days but I feel confident this is the way to go for me. I just can't deal with feeling deprived. I can cut the calories but I can not live without a variety of food. x

Hi girls :)

I have been sing Food Focus too. I have been finding it really useful, although sometimes it appears to have wiped all of my entries... they come back after a few minutes though!

I find it is a really good way of just keeping track, but also really good at motivating.

Hope you are having a good day food/exercise wise. I missed breakfast, got up a bit late! Did 30 minutes step and then an hour walk so pleased with that. Only had 430 cals so far today so will have a nice filling dinner!

I really like dips and found a great way to still have them! I bought some Tesco salad dressing. It is the low fat one and has 9 cals per tablespoon so I have a few tablespoons of that, for about 27 kcal! Perfect!

Also, have been freezing grapes and snacking on those!

Sarah x

Hi girls :)

I have been sing Food Focus too. I have been finding it really useful, although sometimes it appears to have wiped all of my entries... they come back after a few minutes though!

I find it is a really good way of just keeping track, but also really good at motivating.

Hope you are having a good day food/exercise wise. I missed breakfast, got up a bit late! Did 30 minutes step and then an hour walk so pleased with that. Only had 430 cals so far today so will have a nice filling dinner!

I really like dips and found a great way to still have them! I bought some Tesco salad dressing. It is the low fat one and has 9 cals per tablespoon so I have a few tablespoons of that, for about 27 kcal! Perfect!

Also, have been freezing grapes and snacking on those!

Sarah x

Hi Sarah,

nice to hear from a fellow counter.

I'm finding logging really motivating too.

Thanks for the "dip tip", sounds good i'll look into that.

Sounds like you had a great day, I hope you enjoyed that dinner you were looking forward to. You earned it!

I have had a good day too. 1400 calories with a 45min spin class & 1 hour body pump class.

Let me know how you get on.

X

Hi ladies!! Just wanted to say good luck to you all!! I have just started today with low cal diet! I did Cambridge diet for 8 weeks 100% and then when I got to 10 stone I thought I could get the last half stone off myself, instead I gained weight by eating chocoalte for breakfast, lunch and dinner :( alongside my normal meals :( !!

I have to stay focused as I get married in about 13 weeks and want to feel like a princess (and not the one out of shrek, lol)!!

Good luck xxxx

Hi Kylie!

Well done on your other weight loss! I don't think I could cope with the Cambridge Diet.

I am finding calorie countin pretty easy at the moment. Once you start looking at what food has what calories, then you realise that it is not actually all that bad, and you just need to make good choices.

For example, really wanted an ice-cream yesterday, so my friend had a calorie packed Magnum, and I had an 80 cal Twister! Crisps... I have baked ones now and at 100kcal they are great.

I think it is just about research, and then you can really still have nice food, but just using better choices!

Sarah x

Great tips Sarah! My problem is if I factor chocolate into my calories I think well I have had some, its ruined my hard work I'll now eat all the chocolate in the house!! I seem to be an all or nothing type of person! I can starve myself and survive on just 3 shakes a day but cant eat a "normal" breakfast, lunch and dinner :( !

I figure if I keep coming on here then I will be less likely to screw up!! Weighed myself first thing this morning so my weigh in day will be Weds!!

xxx

I know what you mean! I go out quite a lot and I had been getting in to the habit of... well I have had loads of calories drinking, I may as well have it as an off-day and eat what I want! But, really... there is no point in that! I think it is just a case of realising that maybe you can write off that lunch, or snack as a bad one... but then getting back on track straightaway. It is SO hard though!

Sarah x

it is definitely about choices, my big weakness is fish and chips (among other things) today i wanted it, i could have easily walked down to the chip shop and got myself a nice fish a chips for around 1-2000 cals, but instead what i chose to do was make it myself, i used birds eye fish which is battered and only 300 cals per one baked, and i made my own oven chips, just peel and cut potatoes into chips boil them for a bit,cool, spray them with the 1 cal spray pop them in the oven and bake until golden, absolutely lovely, and i had my fish and chips for all of 647 cals. (this was my main meal of the day) I usually make lots of chips boil them and freeze them so i can just spray and pop them in the oven when i want.

Back