Back again - third time lucky?

Secychick, great weight loss! The second week is always better, with that self esteem behind you & in ketosis.

Groovy chick. Takes me ages to not feel hungry too. Probably related to that carb sensitivity I mentioned earlier - just takes longer to use up that glycogen in the liver...

Weevikki, we sound so similar. Like you I really want to get off that treadmill. Why can I be so "good" in abstinence, and spent my time thinking that just a simple piece of meat and salad plus wine would be all I need, just at the weekend, and then when I'm eating it's a pub meal every other night, a curry when I'm hungover, and so on. I just can't seem to do moderation, and I'm 50 so you'd think I was getting old enough not to behave like a teenager!

Part of the problem maybe is that I like me like this in some way. I don't like prissy people who don't eat this and that, who don't drink - or worse, can manage to just sip one glass all night. I like to think of myself as really seizing life, and a salad and a spritzer doesnt seem that way. Is this my child talking? How do you grow up without growing boring and old?

Zingano said:
Weevikki, we sound so similar. Like you I really want to get off that treadmill. Why can I be so "good" in abstinence, and spent my time thinking that just a simple piece of meat and salad plus wine would be all I need, just at the weekend, and then when I'm eating it's a pub meal every other night, a curry when I'm hungover, and so on. I just can't seem to do moderation, and I'm 50 so you'd think I was getting old enough not to behave like a teenager!

Part of the problem maybe is that I like me like this in some way. I don't like prissy people who don't eat this and that, who don't drink - or worse, can manage to just sip one glass all night. I like to think of myself as really seizing life, and a salad and a spritzer doesnt seem that way. Is this my child talking? How do you grow up without growing boring and old?

I am EXACTLY like you. I can be so motivated then I am "live life to the full" person. I don't understand people who leave a bit of food or only have one glass of wine. I own a restaurant and people say that was the best meal I've ever had then leave a wee bit- mind you they are skinny! Day one today and I'm hungry but I know it'll go. Good luck. X

Good luck to you too! I'm wondering about maybe being really strict with myself on weekdays and then letting rip a bit at the weekend. A way to be adult and still enjoy myself, maybe...

i did that for a long time Zingzano, and for me it did work until i jsut got lazy & greedy again and thought id just extend it to a friday, then a thursday etc until it got out of hand and hence why im back on LL !!!
im really struggling with the water this time, it doesnt help me being so cold, i also have started get a sharp pain under my ribs, i just hope that isnt because of LL as i would hate to come off it before i need to :(

oh god...i need help...feeling utterly miserable...had a cheeky weigh in and the scales only say 2lb :( have been following LL to the letter...granted could do with drinking with more water but am so craving salads & veggies...i feel like i am going to break :(

Hey groovy, don't give in. Drinking enough water is essential.
Have you tried drinking hot water? It's easy to get used to.
I also invest in the water flavourings. Helps get the water down and also in the poo department.
Maybe the pain could be constipation? Try sipping the water little and often.
Hope you feel better soon.

Hi groovy. I'm a secret weigher too - I do it every day. Everyone always tells you to just weigh once a week because of daily fluctuations, but I don't get that. What if your first weighin happens to be a low one, and next week a high one? You'd be really pissed off and think you'd lost nothing. But if you weigh every day you can spot the false high and low readings. (really you should use a moving average for your actual weight, I think a few iPhone apps do this.

But I've been doing the daily weights on LL and still am getting big daily variations, even in fat percentage. I just couldn't work that out, so I did a bit of googling. Turns out there are two reasons.

1. Fat percentage scales are just not that accurate. If the atmosphere is more moist, or your feet are damper, or whatever, you can get a different reading.

2. A complicated think about keeping your cellular structure filled with water for a while after you've lost weight, and then suddenly losing it. I wondered how I could weight the same for 3 days on only 500 cals and then suddenly drop 2 lbs - this is probably the reason. See below, I cut and pasted the article-

-----

After the fourth or fifth day of dieting the daily loss of weight begins to decrease to one pound or somewhat less per dlay, and there is a smaller urinary output. Men often continue to lose regularly at that rate, but women are more irregular in spite of faultless dieting. There may be no drop at all for two or three days and then a sudden loss which reestablishes the normal average. These fluctuations are entirely due to variations in the retention and elimination of water, which are more marked in women than in men.

The weight registered by the scale is determined by two processes not necessarily synchronized under the influence of HCG. Fat is being extracted from the cells, in which it is stored in the fatty tissue. When these cells are empty and therefore serve no purpose the body breaks down the cellular structure and absorbs it, but breaking up of useless cells, connective tissue, blood vessels, etc., may lag behind the process of fat-extraction. When this happens the body appears to replace some of the extracted fat with water which is retained for this purpose. As water is heavier than fat the scales may show no loss of weight, although sufficient fat has actually been consumed to make up for the deficit in the 500-Calorie diet. Then when such tissue is finally broken down, the water is liberated and there is a sudden flood of urine and a marked loss of weight. This simple interpretation of what is really an extremely complex mechanism is the one we give those patients who want to know why it is that on certain days they do not lose, though they have committed no dietary error.

Patients who have previously regularly used diuretics as a method of reducing lose fat during the first two or three weeks of treatment which shows in their measurements, but the scale may show little or no loss because they are replacing the normal water content of their body which has been dehydrated. Diuretics should never be used for reducing.

thanks guys for the info..suppose it makes sense....feeling a bit more positive today, was just having a wobble yesterday !!!! just fed up of people moaning at me to just do a normal diet with food, i just wish it was as easy for me to lose weight that way...anyway WI day today, will let you all know how i get on...hope everyone else is ok x

Hi Groovy,
I resorted to not telling anyone this time,because of the criticism you get.
Good luck with your weigh in later!

Sexy xx

Well done Groovy. :)

Zingano said:
13lb in 2 weeks, wow, nice one. On a conventional diet, that'd take me 13 weeks if I was lucky!

Well done Zingano!
Sexy xx

Sounds like you're all off to a flying start. Hope to join you when I get weighed in tomorrow. Feeling much more positive and stronger today, and all your posts mean alot, that we are all in this together and by summer we will all be AS GORGEOUS ON THE OUTSIDE AS WE ARE ON THE INSIDE!XX

Back