back again, this time for good! my weight loss journey

Aw Hun sorry to hear you have had a bad day :(

Just a wee thought tho ... Is is maybe worth getting a sperm test done privately to rule out any problems and maybe help your GP move things along quicker for you? That way it rules things out?

Hope you don't mind me butting in xx

The only issue the GP has with referring us is my weight as she thinks we would be turned away because of it and doesn't think they would even run tests unless I was lighter. If we did need help (say ivf or something) then I'd need to be at a bmi of 30.

I may ask for some suggestions though when I check in with her in a couple of months time (she wants updates on how the weight loss is going) and she what she says.

Hope you're feeling better now xx

I feel more together, still a bit weepy. But, I've had a productive evening. I've tidied our spare bedroom and our main bedroom, both bathrooms. All I need to do tomorrow is do a run round with the hoover and mop, change our bedding and put some washing on, which shouldn't take too much time.

Determined to do a whole lot better tomorrow and not let people's attitudes upset me. At the end of the day I know what I'm talking about as I'm the one who's been talking to the Dr about this, all my mum knows is of the few other people that have been large and had children. She seems to be forgetting that we already know that my weight affects my cycles, so obviously this is going to make it so much more difficult for us to conceive.

The only issue the GP has with referring us is my weight as she thinks we would be turned away because of it and doesn't think they would even run tests unless I was lighter. If we did need help (say ivf or something) then I'd need to be at a bmi of 30. I may ask for some suggestions though when I check in with her in a couple of months time (she wants updates on how the weight loss is going) and she what she says.
The rules for IVF are crap :( I was just thinking along the lines of ... If the problem is with your partner and not you it wouldn't matter how much weight you lose? Your GP might push for a referral? Hope your feeling a bit better xx

The rules for IVF are crap :( I was just thinking along the lines of ... If the problem is with your partner and not you it wouldn't matter how much weight you lose? Your GP might push for a referral? Hope your feeling a bit better xx

She won't push for one still because of my weight, which is why I'm trying to kick start things once and for all with the weight loss. I'm on a parenting/ttc forum and what people suggest are supplements, less caffeine and booze, loose boxers, no excess heat, so I may very well get him to try all of these. The thing is as well is that I'm petrified of getting pregnant at this size, I don't think words can actually convey how scared I am of complications etc and I know full well if there were any I'd never forgive myself.

Feeling loads better today, somehow the scales are being kind and I haven't gained anything. Going to stay on plan today and have a good day, that's not a plan, that's a promise.

Food for today -

Breakfast - baked oats (hexb and 3 syns for blob of jam and splash of milk), strawberries and yoghurts
Slimming World Eats: Baked Oats ~ not your average
Lunch - meat from lamb shank (1 syn) and bowl of strawberries and banana with choc shot (1 syn)
Dinner - spag bol with cheese (hexa)
Supper - ice lolly (4 syns)

baked oats.png

Omg, absolutely heavenly breakfast. I WILL be making this again and I think I may very well have found my new my favourite breakfast.

35g porridge oats mixed with 1 small/medium egg, splash of milk, some truvia sweetener and tiny drizzle of vanilla bean paste. Popped into a foil tray and a blob of raspberry jam added to the top. Baked in the oven on a medium heat until the top had gone golden. Counted 3 syns for the jam and splash of milk

ohh breekie looks yum yum

Hi Emmy

I'm sorry I haven't been here for a couple of days to give you a big one of these - :bighug:

I miss my mum terribly - but there were times I could have happily traded her in for a new model - they love you and think they know what's best, when sometimes they just don't! You've got a plan to prepare yourself physically for what is going to be the biggest thing of your life, becoming a mum, and it will happen in the way you want it to - so when your ma goes off on one, just try and tune her out - think about the lovely SW meal you'll make when you get home :D

And yummy brekkie xxx

Hi Emmy

I'm sorry I haven't been here for a couple of days to give you a big one of these - :bighug:

I miss my mum terribly - but there were times I could have happily traded her in for a new model - they love you and think they know what's best, when sometimes they just don't! You've got a plan to prepare yourself physically for what is going to be the biggest thing of your life, becoming a mum, and it will happen in the way you want it to - so when your ma goes off on one, just try and tune her out - think about the lovely SW meal you'll make when you get home :D

And yummy brekkie xxx

Susie I could have happily throttled the woman right there and then. She didn't have trouble conceiving me or my brothers and is tiny compared to me, so I don't think she understands how my weight actually affects my cycles. It drives me crazy as she was the one who went to all the appointments with me when I was younger for exactly the same reason - my weight affecting my cycles :rolleyes:

So I'm down 2lb as of this morning, which I'm very, very happy with. After my off plan saturday, I did think I may have done some damage, but thankfully not.

This week is going to be a bit of a challenge as I need to be down at mum's a lot, so I want to try and get lots of meals planned so that there's no temptation to slip up.

I'll update properly later on as hubby has just got back and his mum and dad are due here fairly soon I'm guessing as they set off after him :)

well done emmy x x

Thanks ladies :D Feel absolutely fab for getting another loss. It might only be a small one, but I'm more than happy with it and looking forward to next week :D

Day 1 of a week down at mum's tomorrow and I'm not particularly looking forward to it. This is when I tend to struggle as mum has so much rubbish in the house. So ideally what I want to do is have some sort of a food plan the night before if that makes sense?

I think the rest of this week is going to be sp days as I really want to try and boost things a bit for next week (I'd love to be back out of the 360s again).

So for tomorrow I'm thinking

Breakfast - chocolate baked oats (2 syns for 10g of hot choc powder, hexb and part of my hexa) and strawberries
Lunch - ham, cheese (rest of hexa), onion and mushroom omlette with beans
Snacks - baked oats again (2nd hexb) with blobs of jam (2 syns for a table spoon worth) with some fresh raspberries and choc shot (1 syn)
Dinner - steak, mushrooms, spinach and tomato (2 syns for mayo)
Supper - smoothie ice lolly (4 syns)

Just had my baked oats and strawberries and feeling good and focused for the rest of the day.

I had a bit of a heart to heart with Chris last night and explained my fears about getting pregnant at this size and surprisingly he's actually come up with a fairly decent idea. What we're going to do is wait until I get below 20 stone to start trying again, so that's 82lb I need to lose. Quite a chunk, but hopefully by christmas I could have most of it, if not all of it gone and I'm going to give it my best shot :D

I think my plan for the future weeks is to follow extra easy monday - friday and then saturday and sunday follow sp and see how that helps. I'm still going to do sp for the rest of this week and try and boost things a bit.

So yeah new plan :eek: it's a bit daunting, but I feel like I've got to do things this way as I'm determined to get there this time :)

Oh Emmy I'm so pleased you talked it through with OH - and now you've got a clear plan, which i think makes things so much easier!

Well done love - now it's onwards and downwards!!! :D xxx

Just had my baked oats and strawberries and feeling good and focused for the rest of the day.

I had a bit of a heart to heart with Chris last night and explained my fears about getting pregnant at this size and surprisingly he's actually come up with a fairly decent idea. What we're going to do is wait until I get below 20 stone to start trying again, so that's 82lb I need to lose. Quite a chunk, but hopefully by christmas I could have most of it, if not all of it gone and I'm going to give it my best shot :D

I think my plan for the future weeks is to follow extra easy monday - friday and then saturday and sunday follow sp and see how that helps. I'm still going to do sp for the rest of this week and try and boost things a bit.

So yeah new plan :eek: it's a bit daunting, but I feel like I've got to do things this way as I'm determined to get there this time :)

How exciting!! You have a massive incentive now! :)

Back