Back Again

lhs78

Hi all,
I gave atkins a go about 6 weeks ago and did the 2 week induction, lost 10lbs in the 2 weeks, felt great but then noticed how busy the social calendar was for June/early July and thought I wouldn't be able to cope with the diet. So I decided to try WW for a while, giving me until mid August, then would go back onto Atkins. Anyway, after regaining everything I lost in the induction, and not following WW at all, I've decided to come back early!
I'm on day 1, and want to lose as much as poss before the end of September. ain motivation is we want to go on holiday then so need to look nice in a bikini!
So far today I have had 2 eggs and 2 rashes of bacon, yum!
Lunch is a tin of tuna, small salad (mixed leaves, spring onion and cucmber) and full fat mayo
Snack 2 cheese strings
Dinner - Steak and brocilli with full fat mayo

A few questions:
-Should I limit the amount of mayo I have?
-Is it ok to drink diet drinks or not? I've seen mixed reviews!

Hello
With regards to Mayo, putting things in prospective helps. Atkins works because protein is a natural appetite suppressant, and as such people on Atkins naturally eat less than people following other kinds of diets. Mayo is very high in calories so I personally try to have it (because I love it!! :D and because I can) but I try not to push it. My weak spot is cheese and I struggle with keeping my consumption levels of that in check, but I was rewarded this week for being good by losing more than I did the other weeks while I wasnt trying hard enough.

Since you have just come back to Atkins, maybe you should try to concentrate on eating Atkins friendly foods for a few weeks without worrying too much about portions, appetite will go eventually and you will naturally eat less.

As for diet drinks, :( I am as confused as you are. I am having diet coke when I go out seeing as I want red wine and shouldnt have it, I mean come on! What is one large glass going to do to me? I will want the whole bottle hehehe. Can't really go to pubs and have coffee all night :8855: So I had 4 pints of diet coke on saturday...

Good luck and come September you will have a fab time on holiday.

Hi and welcome back. I love Mayo, make sure you buy the full fat though, the other ones tend to be very carby. Tesco own brand full fat is good.

Back