Back from doctor after fainting again *long*

hi good luck with what you decide to do, i think health wise prob would be best trying something different, fainting could be dangerous, you could be driving, crossing a road etc then wot,

Hey hun, glad you went to the Docs.

I have to put my 2 pennies worth in though about this.

As you know, Im a Doctor myself and I dont believe that LT will have attributed to your drop in BP at all.

There are many things than can cause hypotension (technical term for low BP), main one is dehydration or infection. And as you will be drinking water till the cows come home, I doubt you will have been dehydrated.

You probably had an episode of hypoglycaemia (low blood sugar) which made you faint.

When I tried it again last year, I fainted on Day 3 because my BM was 3.2 and I hadnt drunk any water in work as I had been called to emergency theatre, very stupid of me.

I took my BM again in work today and it was 3.1 but I didnt faint...just.

You sound like you are prone to low BP if you normally have a systolic of 115, that is quite low.

We ideally prefer BP's to be between 120 - 140 systolic.

Perhaps, if the full Lipotrim is not for you at the moment, you could go on the next step up. Obviously, your health is far more important than weight loss.

Good luck hun in whatever you decide to do!

Laura xxx

Not really to be honest. Main thing is to make sure you have the shakes at regular intervals and sorry to sound like a broken record but keep drinking the water...its the combination of low blood sugar and dehydration that causes a lot of the fainting.

Ketosis requires more energy to burn fat than normal metabolism, which is why we are encouraged to drink as much water as possible. In our cells, the cycle which produces our units of energy rely on water as a step to create it. Ketosis therefore requires more water and if you dont have enough water, then your body cant produce enough energy and cant break down the fat to maintain a good level of blood glucose to keep us on an even keel. And this is also why if you drink more water, you lose more weight, because your body has plenty of water to use in ketosis.

I have to say though, I know you're not supposed to take any medical advice on here as read so this is just my opinion...obviously consult your own doctor if you are concerned but I want to make sure people are fully clued up as to the process their bodies are going through.

I also want to say, last year I actually saw a patient who had lost 10 stones on Lighter Life and had gallstones. There are increased risks of having gallstones etc on a VLCD, but being obese also increases these risks so you have to weigh the good and the bad.

I can cope just about with the lightheadedness....its the feeling so freezing which is annoying me the most, lol!

Laura Im with you on that one I can cope with the odd dizzy spell but the cold is ridiculous I cant get anymore clothes on it looks like I have lost no weight I have so many layers on

Laura, thank you so much for explaining it so well, my pharmacist is just in it for the money and I wouldn't wee on my doctor if he was on fire!

Laura, thank you so much for explaining it so well, my pharmacist is just in it for the money and I wouldn't wee on my doctor if he was on fire!

Omg, that made me laugh so much! Thanks, I needed a good laugh, Ive been so miserable today and bloody cold!!!! ;)

Nicola, I look like the Michelin Man with all the layers I have gotten on its ridiculous!!!

Glad Im not the only one someone called to my door a while ago and I could see them look at me very strangely

Laura, sorry to hijack the thread, but if we excercise on this diet too excessively are we likely to slow our weight loss? Cheers chick (never called a doctor chick before :)

call me chick all you want to sailor! Im not a posh doctor anyway, Im a proper working class gal who just liked blood and guts and didnt fancy becoming a butcher lol...

Exercising is good and will increase your weight loss as you will require more energy to do exercise and therefore magical ketosis will break down more fat to do that.

The only way it could be seen to hinder your weight loss is because obviously, muscle weighs more than fat so if you're building muscle you mightnt see great losses in the first case but muscle also burns more energy so you will then see losses again.

The best exercise is to do gentle cardiovascular rather than weights initially. I plan to start swimming again in week 3 once I am fully used to the diet.

Obviously nearer your goal weight you could consider weights to tone up.

your a top bird Laura, thanks for the info! you get a special sailor pic in my uniform when ive lost enough (or got enough bottle lol)

Im currently hospital based at the moment and applying for GP this year. But come august, it will 3 years until Im a fully fledged GP. Takes a lot longer to get there than you may think! But I cant wait because then I can have a family and have patients who may wee on me if I was on fire :D

Looking forward to the sailor picture! :cool:

Rachel hun - #i hope you are feeling better soon and find the diet that suits you!

But if I could hog your thread for a sec????? Just curious? What is dangerous or bad about low BP???? The reason I ask is......I fainted years ago due to low BP and was almost thrown out of my doctors surgery for complaining about the low bp! He said low bp never hurt anyone and I should just get over myself really!!! Now I said....."Yep hurts no one.....except I was at the top of the stairs when I fainted!!!"

So is there some new fangled thinking on low bp nowadays????????? Or are doctors just being a tad more sensible????

Thanks

I haven't a clue. I am just going on what my doctor said, and he obviously has completely different ideas to Princessofpower. He is Canadian which might account for it? I always queried my blood pressure of 115, he said it was what doctors these days want as opposed to 120, and he said it was because of all the exercise I do. It's odd but there you go...have to trust them or where do we end up lol!

anyway, I am now really confused but just wanted to wish you all the best with this, might be back at some point, you never know xxx

health first!

Back