Back from holiday!

CountryBumpkin

Silver Member
Hello, friends!

I've been away from the forum for three weeks and now I don't even know where to begin with catching up. Oh, the stress!

I've been off the diet for three weeks and it's been very strange indeed. Half wonderful, half horrendous. I hope all my buddies have been doing well and hello and good luck to all the new starters!

I'm back on the diet now (started today) but am too afraid to weigh myself because I can tell I've gained about a stone... I feel like I've let myself down a bit but a lot of it will be water so I'm not kicking myself too much. I think I'll avoid the scales until October though!!

If you are anything like me, I couldn't focus and cheat until October if I was going to weigh then. i say get back on the wagon now, face your demons and cross off any weight gain to a much needed break with yummy food, which we all need every once in a while! Of course you haven't let yourself down, you are human :)

Hi CB,

Bet you had a fab time though eh??

Sometimes we all need a 'blip' or a 'gain' just to make us appreciate how well we have done and will do... It is hard to get back on the wagon... BUT worth it!

Oh and just a thought... Any weight gained hasn't been there long enough to feel 'comfortable' - it certainly cant be as 'established' as it was before... so will soon leave... so... 'pack your bags weight' you are gonna be gone PDQ !

Have a great week and weekend...
;)

Welcome back!

Welcome back! I am back too finally, after a four month medical hiatus! Gained 18lb in that time, but end of day three and I am 9lb down already :)

So my blip turned into a bust.

Shortly after announcing my return and feeling full of the joys of dieting, I was involved in a car accident that has been causing me enormous stress and mental anguish and, as eating has been the only outlet for my feelings I've ever really had, I've been eating myself to numbness. I've managed to regain close to two stone in about three weeks and I'm a psychological and physiological disaster zone. I can't even bring myself to update my ticker.

One thing I've not mentioned on the forums before, but this seems a pertinent time to talk about it, is that I took out a bet with a high street bookmaker that I would reach 12 stone 7 by the end of July 2014. I don't think I'm going to make it now. Now that my weight has gone from 16.11 back to pushing 19, I feel like a complete and utter loser, and that this money, that would have drastically improved my life, as debt is one of the reasons I became so big in the first place, is now out of my reach.

Guys, I feel totally hopeless and useless. And I cannot stop thinking about my car accident. I'm sorry to come on here and have some a whinge, because I try really hard to be positive and I think that outlook goes a long way, but dead in the water, if not going backwards. :(

Oh hunny what a bust..one issue at a time.

The car crash..are you ok? I don't care about the car it's only metal. Whatever happened nothing was on purpose, unfortunately these things happen everyday it's the risk we take as drivers and I'm sure you would have done everything to avoid anything terrible.

The bet, your target is totally doable. But it's not the point why if you have a debt problem are you betting? Can you call it off? Maybe some debt advice and perhaps spend your cd money on a counsellor each week until your in a better place. I feel you may not succeed without this.

Someone to talk to does amazing things and you need to give your emoticons and mind a break not pile it with further pressure. If counselling isn't an option then focus on day to day life, eat what makes you happy do what comforts you and take off the pressure. Trust yourself that the determination to get well and take control will come back soon naturally.
Please be kind to yourself xxxx

Hugs!

I can't imagine how you must be feeling - I had a small bump and was a wreck for a few weeks!

Just remember as mentioned you are safe now. Awful things happen and unfortunately we have no control over those things.

I'm a big emotional eater - and that's for any emotion, sadness, happiness, excitement, fear, regret ANYTHING!!

The trouble is I eat those feelings which then leads to guilt which then recommences the cycle - which I'm sure your familiar with.

You've done some damage - as we all do at some point - but you can limit that damage NOW. You can get back on it NOW and start reducing that number from this moment.

Not tomorrow not on Monday from NOW!

Once you have a good day under your belt your feel better, more in control and much happier next time you step on the scales.

If I can help in any way let me know. Even if it's just a reply to a rant :)

Stay positive - a lot of our lives can improve with a positive mental attitude - paint a smile on and give yourself a hug :)

Xx

Hey CB

I had a car crash too which totally threw me off plan then swiftly followed by another medical emergency. I've gained 2 stone in 6 weeks and feel horrific. The restarts keep leading to binging at night and what had made the gain so big.
Tonight I am laid in bed having consumed 3 litres water plus 3 shakes and under 500 calories n am amazed. I had to hit rock bottom to get here tonight and remind myself why I am doing this (want a baby) and hope I can get through to Friday and have 3 good days.
I don't know what advice as a Cambridger I'd give u as u know its hard starting but worth it already. Maybe try writing a list of why you want to do it. For you not for bets or anything but for your health and well being and don't let the accident hinder your success. It gets easier and I'm still having back issues 30 sessions if Physio later but hang in there. Xx

Oh CB I have not been on here for ages and I am so so sorry to read that you are having such an awful time. Sod the weight gain, you KNOW this diet is doable because you have done so brilliantly in the past with it.

This is a hiccup. Ok its a horrible one but its still just a hiccup.

You were a huge inspiration for me and once you get through this blip you will be fine and losing steadily again.

You have been comfort eating and its no big deal - you reverted to past normal behaviour, nothing to beat yourself up about but you need to stop think about how miserable this behaviour is making you and remember how strong and empowered you felt when you were sticking to the CD.

I would love to talk to you, I am going to pm you my phone number, feel free to ignore it if you don't feel comfortable talking to me

xx

Back