Extra Easy Back to 10k

faye cheshire

Silver Member
Ok. I have never been not Will I be a runner. Last year I met a woman in Sainsbury's who had started running. Her doctor had recommended it for her heart!!!!

Long story short I did couch to 5k. Great even I could slow jog along. Then all too quickly I jumped to 10k. Got injued. Stopped as it hurt too much. When that injury healed I started with a pain on the inside of my knee. Frayed cartridge or something. NHS physio is great but was having no effect. I just decided to go for it again and am up to 5.53 miles. Hopefully I'll hit 10k tomorrow.

I am convinced the running is a big help with the weight but also mentally. The freedom of pounding the streets of my village when most ppl are still in bed is so invigorating.

Anyone thinking of doing it give it a try. It's free but make sure your running shoes are comfy. I ve got an expensive pair that are too heavy but my tesco ones are so comfy.

If you do do it read up on it a bit first t and get some top a on posture and breathing etc. Only do about three times a week with days off inbetween.

Good luck
Faye
PS Since jogging again the leg is a lot better

Back