Back to basics by myself...

Mulli

Hi, I'm new to posting here. Don't know if i'm in the right section...
My Boyfriend and i both joined slimming world last year. While he has been very successful and hit target, i have lagged behind finding it much harder and more of an emotional journey. I am delighted for my boyfriend as he has so much happier within himself but can't help feeling a little jealous i must admit. He has tried to encourage me and help me continue my journey but its less of a help than he thinks.... i'm struggling big time and he cannot relate to it. I feel like a big dramatic, selfish sponge but i would really appreciate your support. And before anyone thinks i am a bad girlfriend please know i am so very proud of my gorgeous boyfriend and his amazing transformation.
Thank you in advance
Mulli xx

I'm not doing slimming world but I know how you feel me and my hubby are both calorie counting and the weights just falling off him while I feel like I need to work harder! There's weeks when I put on an he looses 4lbs and it's like injustice!! Ha ha :) but I'm so made up for him but sad for me too :( I'm only 2lbs behind now so I'm snapping at his heels :) but on a serious note since he's got to goal maybe get him to help you get there I really believe it's harder for women we have hormones and water retention that hinders our weightloss and I dunno about you but I'm a total stress head which doesn't help.. Anyway you will get to your goal and good luck :)

Thank you so much for replying.
No offence to my Bf but i feel it just doesn't compute sometimes and others he is fantastic.
Best of look to ye both. Girl power turbo weight loss to us both this week :)

It's going to be of no help at all to tell you but, I'm in much the same boat, my husband also loses weight quicker thaan me, in fact most men seem to. We have a couple of fellas in our group and whilst I am so pleased for their progress, knowing that most weeks they will lose at least 4lbs and some weeks as much as 7lbs means that the chance of ever getting SOTW is nil. I shall be glad when they get to target.;D

Yeah SW is becoming popular for the men folk alright as it offers them a much easier plan to follow. And i have to say it is very hard cheering them and their weight losses on every week, but i do as i am very proud of them for taking that step to a healthier lifestyle. There is still a taboo where men and weight loss clubs are concerned. I'd like to say i am already feeling better about my journey. I am at work today (sorry boss) and surrounded by temptations but i have already made several better decisions as i know i have some more support and understanding. Thanks a Million :D

Mulli said:
Thank you so much for replying.
No offence to my Bf but i feel it just doesn't compute sometimes and others he is fantastic.
Best of look to ye both. Girl power turbo weight loss to us both this week :)

I think that's men in general ha ha :) aw yeah good luck to you too :) let's do it for the girls :)

On the whole, men do tend to lose quicker than women. That said, I used to quite regularly get looks of envy from some of the men in the group I attended because the red plan worked ridiculously well for me and I would regularly post 3-4lb losses. To maximise your losses and keep your body from stagnating and getting "used" to the plan - its well worth mixing it up with different plan days, having weeks where you conciously drink additional water (not loads, we dont want water toxicity here!), doing the 777 challenge, trying a fish week etc - anything you can do to keep your body in a state of variety. Change what you have for your hexs regularly, dont always have the same breakfast, variety is vital, both to helping with the losses and stopping you getting bored with the plan!

Thanks MadameLaMinx for the good advice. I will take it all on board and head for a good week. I cant weigh in this week in group because of my shifts at work so i will try for a significant weight loss next week. More water, more exercise, better attitude and extra support will do wonders for me i'm sure.
Thanks again ladies.... :D

Back