Back to basics

Minders

Finding inspiration
I've been having a stuck couple of weeks. I lose 1/2 a pound, then gain 1/2 a pound. Not really getting anywhere. So I've decided it's time to go back to basics, like I did when I first started out.

I've gotten out of the habit of checking the magazines for recipes and batch cooking, not using much Quorn, etc. And it's showing. So last night I dutifully check my magazine and wrote down a couple recipes which I've made up and even bought Quorn sausages, which I'm not mad keen on, but they're not terrible.

I will try to use my food diary too, just like I did at the beginning. The 100% week exercise we did the other week really made me observe what I'm doing and it's clear that I've become a bit lazy. So it's back to basics for me!!

I said in class last night I'd be happy to lose 1lb this week, which is ambitious seeing as I'm going to Ireland tomorrow. And you can't go to Ireland and not have Guinness!! But I will do my best! Wish me luck!

Ohhh good luck!!!

Now the guiness wouldn't bother me... tis the fresh batch bread and sausages and tayto crisps and red lemonade that would do me in!!! Hope you have a lovely time - whereabouts are you going?

Good luck! I hate guinness YUKK! Where have you planned to see or visit? x

Hi, the 100% week was fantastic wasn't it!!
I completely agree with how easy it is to get a bit stuck in a rut and shaking up the menu really helps. I still weigh my cheese, even after all this time as I still can't "guess" what an ounce looks like. I think it's the little things which add up.

Sometimes, if we are having a rough time, my consultant will tell us to go away and read our books and treat it like our first week all over again. It does work!

Good luck for the forthcoming week and enjoy Ireland. x

I'm going to Northern Ireland... the Antrim Coast (Giant's Causeway, etc) for a few days and then finishing off with an overnight in Belfast. I'm looking forward to it.

Hopefully all the exploring and walking, etc, will offset the Guinness! 10 syns a pint! :eek: Might have to limit myself to one pint!

I'm going to Northern Ireland... the Antrim Coast (Giant's Causeway, etc) for a few days and then finishing off with an overnight in Belfast. I'm looking forward to it.

Hopefully all the exploring and walking, etc, will offset the Guinness! 10 syns a pint! :eek: Might have to limit myself to one pint!

My hubby and I went a drive to the Antrim Coast to-day, it's gorgeous, very scenic! The weather here is great at the minute Minders so hopefully it will stay like that for you! I'm not mad keen on Guinness but there are some fab pubs in that area that do a great pint (or so my hubby says!!) Enjoy:drunk:

Back