Step 1 Sole Source + Back to finish the job!!!

Starlit_Cazza

Restart 3/9/2013
So... knew I would be off for a few weeks from Cambridge after planned surgery back in May on my elbow. Was fine with that, and expected to resume my journey about 6 weeks later... Unfortunately returning to "normal" eating after 5 months of hard core dieting and 93lb loss resulted in the discovery that I had gallstones. If you have never had gallstones, trust me, you will know when you have! Had a couple of bad-but-brief attacks that always passed within the hour. Then 3 1/2 weeks after my elbow op I found myself very very poorly and rushed to hospital in the middle of the night. Can safely say I have never known pain like it (and I have had a ruptured appendix previously!). Having lost so much weight before this, and having "hundreds" of tiny stones causing me grief, I was one of the lucky ones that got whipped down for surgery within a couple of days (if I hadn't lost the weight I would have been sent home to shift some before they would operate).

Unlucky person that I generally am, I managed to develop complications. As a result I have had quite a long recovery period. But I am finally well enough and I am back on Cambridge (SS+) to finish the job I started on 31/12/2012.

I regained 18lb in the four months I was off plan (not bad considering 2 ops and a 2 week holiday in Mallorca with a LOT of food and drink), but that still leaves me 75lb down this year so far! Just at the end of day 3 and feeling awesome and motivated and determined to get to goal. Hoping to lose at least 65lb before Christmas, preferably more, but 65lb at least to take me to a 10st loss! I generally have excellent first week losses (scales suggest I am 9lb down already after 3 days?!) so I am hoping to shift most of the excess 18lb this first week! Previous first week losses have been 23lb, 18lb and 16lb, so fingers crossed!

It is my birthday on 8th October - hoping to be 2st down by then :)

Hope everyone is well - not sure who is still around who might remember me, this please seems to have quite a high turnover sometimes! Hope everyone is keeping well. Stick with it - it really does work!!!

Just to add - gallstones. Yes there is a higher chance of developing them on a VLCD, however the lady next to me in the hospital had them too, and she had lost 2stone in 5 months on Weight Watchers. If you are fat, you have an increased risk of gall stones. If you lose weight you do, family history? tick. A woman? Doomed. Had a baby? Yup. I ticked all the boxes so kind of expected it to happen at some point - and it is gone now so I don't have to worry any more :)

Hi

Welcome back!

So glad that your feeling better now.

I remember you when I first started and being really inspired by your journey. (Before the gallstones I don't want that bit-sorry)

I'm now just over 5 stone down now which I'm delighted with and have 51 lbs to go which I'm hoping to do by Christmas or February.

I hope the rest of your journey goes well. I wish you all the luck in the world!

week one- 17 1/2 pounds week two- 4 1/2 lbs week three- no weigh in week four- 11 lbs week 5- 5 1/2 lbs week 6- 4 lbs week 7- 1 lb week 8- 10 lbs week 9- 4.5 lbs week 10- 3.5 lbs wk 11- 2 lbs wk12- 6.5 lbs wk 13- 2.5 lbs

Hey!!! I missed your wee rhino on the treadmill signature. I don't want gallstones *grumpy face*. I don't tick all the boxes though, to fingers crossed I'm alright.

I think your weight gain isnt bad for what you had going on. I in 6 months I managed to eat 3stone. It's taken nearly 5 months to lose most of it. I don't have that much to go. I just need to stop cheating.
I have no doubt you will be at your goal for christmas. welcome back :)

Thanks. Scales this morning look amazing - 18st 6lb!!! Had to check three times, but that is what they are saying! So 12lb off already. Last first week loss was 16lb. First ever first week (9 days actually) was 23lb. Would like to get most of the 18lb I gained off this week, but we shall see :)

Hey Cazza.....can see that you started on 3rd and im starting today 8th...... looking for a buddy to follow me on this journey and you have done so well before and be an inspiration :) Hope you are well x

Back