Back to good ole healthy eating

can sum1 explain to me how the diet plate works?

Look it up on eBay and it will show you what it is but basically, its portion control.

I've just found this forum and i'm reading with interest. I've just done 8 weeks or so on Cambridge and lost 27lbs. I'm really pleased with that but its heading to Christmas and funds don't allow me to continue.

I totally hear what you are saying about time for the diets to stop and just get on with healthy choices. I've been a dieter for nearly 25 years and i'm absolutely fed up with it. Its me that does the shopping, its me that's setting the bad example to my children and its in my hands to change all that.

I love a glass of wine but one leads to two leads to crisps and cheese and all sorts and before I know it, i've finished the bottle and my stomach is full of rubbish, I don't sleep well and end up groggy in the morning.

Cambridge made me drink water, which I never did before and i'm sure 2 litres of water a day helps stave of hunger, gets rid of toxins and does our insides and skin a lot of good.

I've been swithering about joining WW or SW but actually, I know what I should be doing, I don't need to pay anyone £5 a week to tell me eat more fruit and veg, fish, low fat etc etc.

So, thanks for this thread. I know exactly what I should be doing. The weight won't come off nearly as quickly but I could still be a stone lighter by Christmas if I try really hard and stay focussed.

Good luck to you all.

M x

Diet Plate

Hi Christie

The diet plate or portion controlled plate as it now called is built into sections. There is a small section for meat or fish. There is a larger section for potatoes,rice,pasta etc. You can also use this section if you are having lasagne. there is a rice ring where you can move your rice to once you have put it in the larger section then there is a small ring in the middle for sauces such as curry. Once you have your protein and carbs in the sections you can move them to one side and fill the plate with vegetables or salad. Hpoe that helps. It encourages you to eat the right amounts of everything.

I too have got fed up with diets that tell you what to eat. I know what to eat. I'm an expert after 30 years of trying! I have gone for as much unprocessed food as possible - lots of fruit and veg, wholegrains etc and not much sugar. I've been doing this since July and I feel great on it. I had an itchy skin problem on my feet before I started and that completely cleared up within two weeks of eating this way. :)

Back