Back to Slimming World I Go

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by debs2212, 2 September 2010 Social URL.

1. debs2212

debs2212 Member

Start Weight:
    Goal Weight:
    Slimming World
    Hi all,

After following Slimming World succesfully a couple of years ago I eventually put the weight on I lost :cry:.

I decided to try WW to get it back off and went to class for a few months however I only lost 7 pounds and would lose a week put on stay the same ect never a consistent loss. I done know whether its just me having a sweet tooth or if this really didnt suit me doing WW. Anyway I have decided to do sw again as I always had good weight losses. I will be posting on here as I cant afford to go to the classes at the mo.

Just out of curiosity how did SW and WW compare for you guys?
  2. Avatar Matched Content

3. IreneH

IreneH Gold Member

They both work if done properly. I did WW first then moved to SW. Only changed as the SW class was more convenient day and place.

Good luck with SW

Irene xx
  4. cordwell

cordwell Full Member

Start Weight:
    Current Weight:
    Goal Weight:
    slimming world
    I have started slimming world 2 weeks ago but at the moment i am putting on weight. Been told i eat too little!
  5. kirstabubble

kirstabubble Silver Member

Start Weight:
    Current Weight:
    Goal Weight:
    WW Online
    Hi there.

I've done both, and to be honest, I probably much prefer Slimming World.

I lost weight with WW about 5 years ago, then moved to Germany for a year and put it all back on. Then I lost about 3 stone last year due to illness, and because of the evil steroids I had to take (as well as my love of biscuits), ended up putting on about 4 stone.

So this year, after buying a house in a new area with my boyfriend, I decided once I settled in, I was going to go back to WW and get back to the weight I like being. But I walk past a SW group on a Monday, on my home from the train station, and one day, I just bit the bullet, and went in.

And I am SO glad I did. I much prefer SW. I think it's a much more realistic way of eating, and I think it'll be much easier for me to maintain once I reach my target. I've been doing SW for 9 weeks so far and have lost 18.5lb. I also don't feel like I am missing out on anything, where as with WW, just looking at a 4 point serving of pasta made me miserable!

Obviously, it's all a matter of personal preference, but definitely give SW a real go (after all, it's worked before) :)

PS I realise this post has also turned into a bit of an intro about me. So 'Hi!' everyone!
Popular Forums
  1. is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.