back to sort my health out

nannacath

Hello everyone hope you are all well . I'm thrilled to see minis back up and running. My name is cathy and I was on minimins a long time ago. To be honest I messed about so much jumping from one plan to another when I messed up that I haven't lost the excess 50lb that is making me so unhealthy. So I'm 61 next birthday and it's clear that I have to stop sticking my head in the sand and get on with it. No more switching back and to. I'm going back to basics and calorie counting. Hope to get to know you all in the future. Cathy x

Hi
Welcome back Cathy, I agree that calorie counting is the best way to go, calories in vs calories out, simple. I've jumped from plan to plan over the years and I'm fed up with nothing working, I don't want to count WW points or SW syns, counting calories is so easy.
I'm 50 this year and since January 1st I've lost 1 st 1.5 lbs, I'm on 1500 cals a day, I could lower it and get there quicker but to be honest I can't survive on 1100 cals a day, with 1500 cals a day it's easy, I don't feel deprived at all.
I joined Weightloss Resources, it's a fab site for calorie counting.
Diane
Thanks Diane. Completely agree with you. Yes im on 1500 seems like a nice do able amount. Have a good day
Hello everyone hope you are all well . I'm thrilled to see minis back up and running. My name is cathy and I was on minimins a long time ago. To be honest I messed about so much jumping from one plan to another when I messed up that I haven't lost the excess 50lb that is making me so unhealthy. So I'm 61 next birthday and it's clear that I have to stop sticking my head in the sand and get on with it. No more switching back and to. I'm going back to basics and calorie counting. Hope to get to know you all in the future. Cathy x
Hi diane thanks for the welcome. Yes I am on 1500 for the time being. Any help or bit of encouragement needed just give me a shout and if I can help I will gladly do so. Have a good day. Speak soon. Cathy x

nannposted post: 7886706 said:
Thanks Diane. Completely agree with you. Yes im on 1500 seems like a nice do able amount. Have a good day

Hi diane thanks for the welcome. Yes I am on 1500 for the time being. Any help or bit of encouragement needed just give me a shout and if I can help I will gladly do so. Have a good day. Speak soon. Cathy x
Oops double posted lol x

Last edited:
Hi
Welcome back Cathy, I agree that calorie counting is the best way to go, calories in vs calories out, simple. I've jumped from plan to plan over the years and I'm fed up with nothing working, I don't want to count WW points or SW syns, counting calories is so easy.
I'm 50 this year and since January 1st I've lost 1 st 1.5 lbs, I'm on 1500 cals a day, I could lower it and get there quicker but to be honest I can't survive on 1100 cals a day, with 1500 cals a day it's easy, I don't feel deprived at all.
I joined Weightloss Resources, it's a fab site for calorie counting.
Diane

I couldn't do with the whole points or syn thing or making sure I have enough 'free food' on my plate. Calorie Counting is so much easier to do.Althou I don't do any. I have found what works for me and it's my own take on Primal. :)
Well done on your weight loss so far this year.:)

Well done for getting your head out of the sand and getting back to on it.:)

Thank you. Yes eyes on the prize and all that. No more messing about it's time to get serious. Have a good week. Cathy x

Hi Cathy! Welcome back! I'm calorie counting too, currently by having three meal replacements (like slim fast) a day then adding a snack and a healthy meal. I cycle between 1300 and 1500 calories a day and it's going ok so far - I wanted an option with the least planning and cooking possible! Good luck to you, hope alls well

Hi, thank you Amneris. You sound similar to me. I'm not one for being in the kitchen a minute longer than is necessary. Give me something with the calories already worked out on it and im happy. Have a good weekend. Cathy x

Hi Cathy, Hope you will continue with this diary so I know where to contact you... nice to have a fellow struggler to exchange thoughts and experiences with.
I'm completely addicted to calorie counting and I also have to keep the carbs as low as I can which is very hard for me as I do love a bit of bread.

Keep up the good work.. :)

Here I am :) yes might as well carry on with this one. It will be lovely to keep in touch and support each other, as well as anyone else who happens to pop along. love calorie counting as it gives you the ability to eat as you wish, allowance permitting, must admit i am a bit of a carb monster:whistle: . Food today was mini shredded wheat for breakfast, egg on wholemeal sandwich for lunch and am going to have a spag bol for dinner. All this comes to 1325 cals including the milk in my teas. So may have a rich tea with my last cuppa of the day. Back in work tomorrow so it will probably be later on tomorrow when im back on the forum. Have a good evening all.

Back