Back where I started a year or so ago

Micci

Gold Member
I joined this forum in Feb 2011 at 217 lbs. I got down to 187 and then it all went wrong. As an emotional eater life I was eating and binging less as my son was in hospital and improving.

Then he came out and life became more difficult again, I got a herniated disk, the acute apendicitis and spent some time in hospital myslef. This did not help my boy who has Asperger's Syndrome amongs his difficulties and life got so difficult you wouldn't believe, I binged 'cos I was stressed at having come so close to death myself (you know when the surgeon looks you in the eye and says you have been very lucky indeed .....) I binged because I was stressed about my boy, I binged just because ....

And eventually dared weigh myself again last week and found I was 220 lbs. Curses.

Anyway, I've been listening to the Inside Out Weightloss Podcasts and something Renee Stephens said resonated with me. She was talking about getting ready to change and moving out of our comfort zones - getting the listeners to identify their comfort zones and I realised I had been blaming the stress for my over eating. Now this is pretty damm obvious to anybody else looking at my situation from the outside but I hadn't realised, or taken responsibity for my binging. That sort of made a shift in my thinking and now I've been doing SW for a week again and lost three pounds. I'm pretty peed off with myself that I've got so far to go yet again but hey, baby steps and here I am on my way again.

During last week I did get side tracked by Paul McKenna but decided to stick with SW for speed and then work on intuitive eating with IOWL and Paul McKenna.

Love and strength and happy weight loss journeying to all the other restarters

Micci X

Back