Backfees due to working?

shannonbitzy

Hi Folks
I am a bit of an infrequent poster on these pages(due to always forgetting my passwords!LOL ), but read regularly .
I have been to slimming world yesterday and I am a bit miffed, last week i couldnt make class as i had to go to work, i phoned slimming world , I think it was a general enquiries number i found on the website. I explained the situation, and the lady i spoke to told me if i couldnt make group due to me being at work , i wouldnt have to pay a back fee. I got to class yesterday and my consultant wanted to charge me for last week , i explained to her i had phoned head office etc and she sort of let me off but she wa sa bit arsey about it and said she would have to check it all out. Does anyone know who is right? have i been given the wrong information from slimming world and I should have paid?
any help much appreciated
xx

Unless it is a pre booked holiday you should of paid, and you can have 6 weeks holiday per year, is my understanding.

Under the circumstances SW should have informed your C or told you to contact her directly, which is the correct way to do it.

If you ticked the box saying 'shift worker' on your form when you joined, then you shouldn't have to pay backfees so long as you let your consultant know before class - just by a text or whatever.

You should always contact your consultant directly, their contact details should be in your book.
Perhaps SW should have told you to ring your consultant? Can you imagine how many messages they'd have to pass on if everyone rang them?
You get 6 weeks "holiday" a year. I say "holiday" as it means holiday weeks from SW not weeks for a holiday. This includes holidays, sickness and working (for non shift workers)

Och, Jaylou, I'm gonna stop trying to rep you, it hasn't allowed me to for yonks! lol Always a good sign!

hi
I did contact my consultant also , and left her a message as she was out, this was prior to my being away from class, probably about 3-4 days before class. I think im going to contact head office again to find out for definite. though i am guessing she might contact them herself to clear it up
x

If you contacted your consultant and you haven't used up all 6 weeks holiday then I think you shouldn't have to pay.

Back