Attack Bacon yes or no?

Emmajoyce

Will be a skinny mini!
Hi I was wondering if bacon is allowed ?

No sorry hun. Its too high in salt. You could have turkey rashers though, they quite nice and a decent bacon replacement. Thou nothing compares to the crispy taste LOL. But just remember its not forever, only until gala meals in Conso.

Ok thank you :)

where? It must be a differnt print of the book, quite a few of us (esp those been on it the longest) have got different books. would be interested to know which book you have

The only place I can find bacon in my book is at the back under 100 natural foods that keep you healthy..... I presumed this was after you've finished dieting not during, but maybe I've got it wrong! I hope I have got it wrong, some bacon in the morning would make my day :D

You're a superstar, I stand corrected. Its mentioned in the back of my book too under the 100 foods (at the back) but its not mentioned in the detailed list under the attack section, its also not in the index. In the Dukan Diet Recipe book it IS mentioned in the index and part of the 100 foods.

I am assuming fat reduced will be something like weight watchers bacon. I can't imagine its normal back bacon with every bit of fat cut off, would be good if it was.

In the normal book the foods are listed at the back, but i think its cos its easier not because its the end result. He says a lot about the 100 foods, so it must be for cruise.

Nice one!!! x

Life just gets better and better :D I was ecstatic about a side salad today, and now I'm thinking bacon and eggs for breakfast! Now all I need is a fat/carb free bounty bar and life is complete!

LOL, if you find one, let me know LOL.

this isn't quite the same but I am compare it to a bounty. Muller light do a greek style range of yogurts . If you add some of your oat bran to the coconut one you can almost close your eyes and imagine it is a bounty (sans chocolate).

I would say no to bacon - turkey rashers are just as good and are ok to have - maybe it's just me being an old timer but that's what worked for me!

Life just gets better and better :D I was ecstatic about a side salad today, and now I'm thinking bacon and eggs for breakfast! Now all I need is a fat/carb free bounty bar and life is complete!

Might be worth checking out atkins coconut bar... Best thing ever!!!

I would say no to bacon - turkey rashers are just as good and are ok to have - maybe it's just me being an old timer but that's what worked for me!

I like the turkey rashers, but after seeing it as one of the 100 items in the book saying fat reduced bacon I was amazed. At least its something to try possibly if the craving is there.

Mind you, fat reduced bacon........how is it different to a normal bacon bit with all the fat cut off. Did they put the pig on a diet LOL, how do they make it fat reduced. I have always bought back bacon in the past with as big a decent medalion of bacon as possible, then cut off most of the fat. If I were to just have the oval piece of meat would this not qualify as fat reduced bacon LOL.........worth thinking about.

It's funny isn't it cos I wouldn't have even considered turkey rashers as an option - just seem too processed, like they've gone though some machine: turkey meat all mashed up and put through a thing and constructed to look like something they're not. Yet bacon on the other hand is a lump of honest pig meat, soaked in brine to take out the water, then cured and/or smoked to preserve it, then sliced, and you get a reckonisable piece of meat, back or streaky or whatever.

I couldn't find any turkey rashers when I was doing the diet proper ie cruise or conso, so I had back bacon every now and again for breakfast as a special treat with scrambled egg. No more than once a week and always took the fat off. Leanest cut I could get. Don't think it did me any harm, and I don't think it's any worse than ham, to be honest. Bacon has such a strong flavour you only need a little to get a big taste, so it's quite good from that point of view.

Ps. I had a vegetarian convert friend whose only temptation, he said, was the smell of bacon frying - said bacon was the only meat he really couldn't resist!

In the original Dukan diet, pork is banned! (How glad am I that he brought the diet over to England and changed some rules for the English palate!). It's worth reading the labels as I've noticed sometimes that there's sugar added. In any event, as everyone has said, have some, check the scales next day and stay vigilant!

I hear you regarding the turkey rashers. I compared them side by side this morning with weight watchers and the weight watchers bacon was slightly higher in fat but tiny bit lower than the carbs (I think) can't remember if I've got that the right way round now Oops......:D

Back