Bad night's sleep, breakfast sounds revolting

LoChan1984

Gold Member
Think it was a mix of the horrid humid weather and eating my tea far too late last night but barely slept and feel all achey and horrible this morning urgh :sigh:

Don't like eating much in the mornings anyway but when I've not slept I feel nauseous. Anyone else have trouble eating breakfast?

You have my sympathies this morning.

We had a busy weekend with friends over and ended up ordering in pizza Sunday night. Felt horridly bloated and yuck all day yesterday because of it (and didn't even enjoy the pizza when I was eating it!). By the time I got home from work yesterday evening I was exhausted. We ended up cooking dinner and curling up in front of a film, before I tucked into bed expecting to sleep like a log.

Took me ages to get to sleep and it was deffo after midnight before I dozed off. Then got woken up at 4am by the bloody seagulls outside making a complete and utter racket. Couldn't close the bedroom window as it was so humid and then just couldn't get back to sleep with all the noise they were making.

Really had to force breakfast down my throat this morning as I just feel completely and utterly exhausted and horrid... not entirely sure how I'm going to make it through the day here at work. Plus my stomach still hasn't settled after the pizza. :(

Think I'm very lucky that I'm a homeworker and don't need to start until 11 today (jammy I know, only on half day aswell heh).

Will go do some yoga for half an hour I think and gulp some water with ibuprofen for my headache then see how I go.

Hope you manage alright at work KittenKat - glug plenty of water too huh? x

Oh god I agree with you and the upset tummy bloated feeling. We had a party at the w/e and I had a slice of chocolate birthday cake - not massive and some sweets (mini pack). Felt so bad all day Sunday with awful stabbing pains. Just goes to show how good SW food is for us if crap makes us feel that bad!!

I have issues with breakfast anyway... I'm never hungry unless i've had a MASSIVE meal the night before. I count anything eaten before 12 as breakfast so I just spread it out throughout the morning :D

xx

Pre SW I couldn't eat breakfast now I have to or I feel faint... Actually faint by mid morning! It's true it becomes a habit!

I didn't sleep well last night either, and came down to make a pot of tea at 3a.m. then had a few games on here with other wakeful members from Wales, Norfolk, East Midlands and Alicante; went back to bed around 4.30! I did eat breakfast - a bowl of chopped juicy fruit with a spoonful of cottage cheese - as I felt totally dehydrated. Yes, good idea to up the water intake today :)

Hm think I'll go for fruit to.

I was just contemplating having kippers and was wondering if they were an oily fish.

Googled them and the first entry came up with:

Search Results

1. Kipper - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kipper - CachedSimilar
    A kipper is a whole herring, a small, oily fish, that has been split from tail to head, gutted, salted or pickled, and cold smoked.

Urgh... too early and sensitive stomached for such descriptions :eek: Daft I know lol

Mmm Im no good at breakfast, I cant eat anything solid until Ive had at least 2 big coffees which usually takes at least an hour or so, even then I only have my WW toast with Marmite. Sometimes I dont even want that and just have an apple or nothing. I dont really do food until 1, 2, 3 o'clock so anythign before that counts as 'breakfast'.

The exception to this is if Ive partaken in substantial revelry 't night before. :eek: Then Im bloody ravenous. :D

Well, I have been gluggling water all morning and plan to continue this aftrnoon as well. Work has been very busy this morning and the time has just evaporated. Fingers crossed this afternoon does too and my 4.30 finish time arrives quickly!

Lunchtime and time to force down my jacket spud and salad - still not feeling particularly hungry though, but I WILL eat it! Closely followed by some ibuprofen for the pounding headache I have - fingers crossed it's just a 'lack of sleep' headache and not the start of a migraine :eek:

Water, water, water coming up!

I didn't used to be a morning eater until I started on SW but I've gradually worked through eating earlier and earlier at work, to eating at home (just fruit) to eating a full, substantial breakfast at home (porridge, scanbran and fruit) and I definitely do better on it but I really feel for you because I do sometimes still have trouble with it if I'm over tired. I find the nausea will calm down if I have fruit and water (so I'm rehyrated and my bloodsugar's brought back up) then I can eat a proper breakfast.

I never really eat breakfast either,or if I do, its a "cooked" type brunch/breakfast about 11.30ish. I work term-time tho so only do this really on work days.

It was my birthday at the weekend and from last Monday till Saturday, I had 4 meals out and lots of alcohol (not looking forward to weigh-in tomorrow!) but for days now I have not felt hungry. I am back on plan but eating very little. So far today, all I have managed is a hi-fi bar, fruit and water. Its so unlike me but I haven't been sleeping well either so you have my sympathies as I have a terrible hacking cough which is worse at night.

Good job we are on school hols, I can have a lie-in and am tending to eat smaller, snackie type meals!

I got through the morning with plenty of water with sliced lemon in it - seems to help with queasiness I don't know why.

Making some soup and falafel for a light lunch then reckon I'll go try and nap for a bit before the OH gets in from work. I've felt better for sharing my woes on here :)

Well, I have been gluggling water all morning and plan to continue this aftrnoon as well. Work has been very busy this morning and the time has just evaporated. Fingers crossed this afternoon does too and my 4.30 finish time arrives quickly!

Lunchtime and time to force down my jacket spud and salad - still not feeling particularly hungry though, but I WILL eat it! Closely followed by some ibuprofen for the pounding headache I have - fingers crossed it's just a 'lack of sleep' headache and not the start of a migraine :eek:

Water, water, water coming up!

Not long now for you to escape work Kittenkat - really hope it isn't a migraine, last thing you need on top of the sleep depravation :(

Not long now for you to escape work Kittenkat - really hope it isn't a migraine, last thing you need on top of the sleep depravation :(

The ibuprofen has kicked in so it is just a headache and not a migraine thankfully :)

Back