Bad taste in mouth

Hi all,

Starting this diet again for what feels like the millionth time (after having lots of birthdays/events/celebrations inbetween) but constantly struggling with the same problem.

After every milkshake I have the most disgusting taste in my mouth, chugging the water down is no help. Carrying round sugar free mints with me helps for a few minutes until the mint dissolves and the taste comes back with a vengeance!!! Also brushing my teeth like mad as I'm so paranoid around my partner!

Does anyone have any extra tips or advice to get rid of this? Or am I simply needing to stock up on more mints and toothpaste haha?

my experience is that nothing helps. Once I'm in ketosis its worse. I have acid breath all the time. I have to chew gum before i plan to be close to people. My partner has a few times gone oh wow.. erm... do you want a mint :( its awful. It makes me so paranoid. But I lost another 7lb this week, meaning since may the 17th I have lost close to 3 stone. So thats got to be worth it?

I have found sipping water and keeping gum or mints on me is the only thing to do.

My parter has done the same... Doesn't mean it nasty but it makes you feel awful!!! ? Thanks for your reply you are doing amazingly well!! Nearly 3 stone in such a short time is brilliant!!

I drink loads f water and I use a mouth freshener spray .... Loads! I'm always paranoid about my breath!

Keto-mouth has come and gone for me. I found there was a great improvement after about a month though, so maybe your body adapts to a degree?

Welcome back to the diet, by the way, and best of luck with it!

Back