Bad weekend!

Rachel7896

I've put on 1/2 lb this week, which after eating the amount of rubbish i've had this week/weekend, i'm quite pleased with! I was expecting to STS or put on, so 1/2 lb is ok...

I tried really hard on Friday, as we were going to Sheffield to see my sister at University and for a night out! I cooked grilled spicy chicken with SW chips and Broccoli for everyone before we went out (for the rest of the day i only had a Banana and 2 x ryvita with extra light Dairylea, so it was a syn free day until the night...)
I even made an extra portion of SW chips to microwave when i got in and have with beans, so i wouldn't be tempted by a takeaway. I grossly over estimated my willpower though, because i ate the chips and beans and then 2 slices of chicken and mushroom takeaway pizza! I did stick to Vodka and Diet coke all night though, and only have two slices when i'd have usually had a lot more, so i guess thats something!

Saturday - Waking up in a student house with next to no food and a hangover is not good! I spent the morning starving, until we finally found a small brown bread roll and some Tesco sandwich chicken! Then for tea, everyone decided they were going to get yet another takeaway! There's a greek deli nearby so thats where we decided to go. I got a roast pork salad with pitta bread and tzatziki, but did share some chips with my sister! So a very naughty weekend!

On Sunday we woke up late, went straight to my Dads for Sunday Lunch where i had Lamb with the fat cut off, new potatoes, broccoli, cauliflower and carrots.

For tea, i made syn free Falafel with salad and syn free Raita Dip and Salsa, and then we had syn free Chicken Tikka Masala. Both of which were very yummy and i'd definitely have them again!

Today, my food diary has consisted of:

Breakfast - Banana
Lunch - Tuna and Pasta Salad
Snack - Orange
Tea - Sausage Casserole and Jacket Potato (6 syns, 3 Linda McCartney Italian veggie Sausages)

I'm also going to have a go at making a cheesecake, with Alpen Bars as the base for a HE, and then with Quark, Fat Free Vanilla Yoghurt, a little bit of Belgian Chocolate Options and 1 egg, and baking it for 15 mins. Hopefully it wont be too horrendous!

Hope everyone had a good weekend!

Sounds like you had a good weekend and like you said, could have been a whole load worse! I always find my downfall isn't having a bad day/weekend it's then thinking "oh well i've ruined this week now may as well keep going", so good luck getting back on track.
If you like cheesecake (I know I do) here's a recipe adapted from one I got given a while ago.

Ingredients

1 sachet sugar free lime jelly
250g tub quark
3 x vanilla muller light
7 x tbsp sweetner
4 x limes
1 x sachet gelatine
50g flora light
8 x reduced fat digestives

method:

1. Melt the butter. Crush the digestives and stir in the melted butter. Using the back of the spoon push the biscuit mix into a loose bottom tin to make the base. Pop in the fridge until needed.
2. Dissolve the jelly in 1/2 pint hot water and stir in the gelatine. Allow to cool slightly.
3. Mix together the sweetner, muller lights, quark and juice of four limes.
4. Add the jelly mix to the yoghurt mix and whisk til smooth. Pour the topping over the base and allow to set.
5. Serves 8 at 5 syns a serving.

I found that it sets in a few hours but leave over night to be sure -if you can wait that long!
You can also swap the yoghurt/jelly flavour for anything that takes your fancy. Just leave out the lime juice and modify sweetner to taste. Strawberry works well and as a guide I normally use 3 tbsp of sweetner in a strawberry one.

Let me know how the alpen bar one works out, always like to hear a new cheesecake recipe!

Ooh thanks for the recipe, wish i'd read this before making the other one i'd seen on here - it wasnt the greatest!

The recipe i used made 3 little cheesecakes with a lot of the 'cheesecake' mixture left over, i just didnt want to use any more alpen bars!

I melted 4 x Light Alpen Bars (Chocolate Fudge) in the microwave for about 15 secs and pushed them into the bottom of 2 ramikens, and put into the fridge.
I then mixed 1 tub of Quark, 1 Vanilla Mullar Light Yoghurt, 4 tbsp Sweetner, 1 packet of Options Belgian Chocolate (hot chocolate) together with 1 egg, spooned on top of the alpen bar base and put the ramikens in a deep baking tray with water filled to half way up them, for 15 mins.

The consistency was quite good, and for less than 1syn per cheesecake (if using alpen bars as HE) it wasnt too bad, it satisfied my chocolate craving, i just dont really like the taste of the Quark! My fiance tried one and ate it all, but agreed it wasn't too great!

I think i'll give your cheesecake a go next, i think with the jelly on top and the digestive biscuits as a base, it might taste a bit more of other things rather than just Quark! Thanks :)

Food Diary -

After tea last night i had a go at SW cheesecakes (recipe above) and had one of those (using the Alpen bars as a HE) so that was 1syn. I also had a little bit of Light squirty cream with it, 1/2 syn, with a glass of milk as my other HE.
That brings my total Syns for the day at 7 1/2 - not bad :)

Today -

Breakfast - 1 Light Alpen Bar (HE) and Banana
Snack - Orange
Lunch - Tuna Pasta Salad with light mayo - 2 syns
Snack - 1 Light Alpen Bar (HE)

Tea - I'm going to a friends for tea tonight. She does SW on-off so i'm hoping it will be something SW Friendly! I'm bringing Fruit and Fat Free yoghurt for dessert!

Tea last night was a SW tea, thankfully!

We had chilli (with a bit of cheese on, HE), rice and SW potato wedges. Yum! I did have two slices low fat garlic bread though (8 syns, oops) and a few milky bar buttons with my fruit and yoghurt (4 syns) so my total syns for the day were 14!

Today i'm having:

Breakfast - Grapes, banana, broken up Light Alpen Bar (HE) and fat free vanilla yoghurt.
Lunch - Tuna pasta salad with light mayo (2 syns)

Tea - Again, i'm going to a friends! I think eating out is the most difficult part of SW! I dont want to sit in every night and not go out, and i also dont want to cook for people all the time! I'm out for tea tomorrow night too! Thankfully, all three friends do SW too so it shouldn't be too bad!

Hopefully today and tomorrow will be low syn days. I'm not going to drink this weekend, and i have no plans to eat out at any restaurants. I'm hoping for a loss of at least 2lbs by Monday. Fingers crossed!

Last night for tea we had Covent Garden soup - i dont know what made it was, but it wasnt a creamy soup and it was vegetarian so it cant be that bad! Maybe 4 syns for 1/4 a tub?
With it we had a small wholemeal roll - 6 syns

We then had a Vegetable Stir Fry - all syn free. Then fruit and fat free yoghurt for dessert.

Total syns for Wednesday - 12

Today i've had a banana and fat free yoghurt for breakfast
Pasta Salad for lunch (light mayo - 2 syns)

Going to a freinds house AGAIN for tea! Having chicken, jacket potato and salad and then i think she's making a SW chocolate mousse with Quark to dip fruit in!

Last night for tea we had..

Chicken in BBQ sauce - 1 syn
Jacket Potato with cheese (HE)
Salad

Then for dessert we had..

SW Chocolate Mousse - 2 syns (i only had a tiny bit!) with 3 marshmallows (3 syns? I'm guessing about 20 calories a marshmallow but i really have no idea!)

Syns for Thursday - 8 syns

Today i'm having a banana for my breakfast, and going to Nandos for lunch! I'm going to have the chicken breasts, spicy rice and corn on the cob. I've read that the chicken breast is 8 syns with skin on, and the rice is 2 1/2 syns, and the corn is free. So as long as i have a syn free tea, thats only 10 1/2 syns for today! I can cope with 10 1/2 syns to have a nandos :)

Back