Baileys

Discussion in 'Syn Values' started by NewDawn, 19 February 2011 Social URL.

1. NewDawn

NewDawn Bring on the trumpets

Start Weight:
    15st10lb
    Current Weight:
    14st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st4lb(8.18%)
    AAAAAaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrhhhhhhhhhhhhhh 8 syns for a double (50mls) ................:eek::eek::eek:

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. catxx

catxx Full Member

Start Weight:
    10st0lb
    Current Weight:
    9st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st3lb(2.14%)
    Diet:
    slimming world
    Haven't had it for ages :rolleyes:.... Can just taste it now, lovely!

If you can syn it you can have it so enjoy :)

4. NewDawn

NewDawn Bring on the trumpets

Start Weight:
    15st10lb
    Current Weight:
    14st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st4lb(8.18%)
    Hahhahaha................thankfully we have syns.......................however a double is a very small portion of Baileys...lol

5. kernowfilia

kernowfilia Member

I make a very similar home-made version, which works out at 7.5 syns for 100ml - still a bit high but who's ever stopped at 50ml of Bailey's? I like mine quite strong so you could use less whisky and substitute for something else that's syn-free (as long as it's not something too watery - the 'lighter' evaporated milk is already less creamy than the full-fat stuff):

300 ml whisky (use Tesco Value whisky - it's £5.04 a bottle, 40% abv and very mild-flavoured)
    1 x 410g can reduced fat evaporated milk
    Good quality instant coffee to taste (1 use 3 heaped teaspoons of Kenco Millicano, and I use just ordinary teaspoons but they're American ones my husband brought over and they're rather large - if using a measuring teaspoon you may want 4)
    Granulated sweetener

Dissolve the coffee in enough hot water to make a thick liquid essence - about 50 ml is enough. Add sweetener to taste. Allow to cool a little. Mix in the evap milk and the whisky. Decant into a bottle. Makes about 750ml for less than £3 and will keep for a long time ......... if you don't drink it! :)

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.