Baked bean lasagne recipe please ?

DearFatty

Silver Member
I was looking at some pics on facebook and there are some of a lovely looking baked bean lasagne.
I've had a look online but can't find the recipe so does anyone have one please?

This is the one that I use

1 onion
some mushrooms
2 tins of chopped tomatoes
2 tins of baked beans
garlic (i put loads in - bit of a garlic fiend!)
worcestershire sauce (splash)
soy sauce (splash)

Fry the onions and mushrooms using frylight.

Add all the other ingrediants and stir in well together.

In a lasagna dish - layer the tomato mixture at the bottom and then cover with some lasagna sheets (the ones that dont need pre soaking) and repeat finishing with the tomato mixture on top.

Cover and bake in the oven on Gas 7 for about 30 mins.

Remove from the oven and grate over half fat cheese (from healthy A allowance)

Pop back in the oven for 5 more mins until the cheese is melted.

Serve with SW chips or loads of veg - warning though it is very filling!

I have just joined and this site looks fab!

You have helped me decide what to have for dinner tonight after reading this really easy recipe. But, I wanted to ask if I could freeze it?
I am doing SW on my own and I really shouldn't eat the whole portion. I was going to reduce it by half, but it would probably be more than enough for me.

Personally I wouldn't try freezing it - I wouldn't have thought the beans would hold up very well. You never know though it might be worth trying with some of the left-overs

I like the sound of this but I do like cheese sauce on top of lasagne. I was thinking I could put the cheese&ham or cheese & brocoli pasta'n sauce on top of a vegetable lasagne to make a nice layer on top of the lasagne using hardly any syns?

If covered with foil - does anybody think this might work or has tried it themselves?

I think I'll fry courgette, onion and mushrooms in fry light - add som e garlic and passata leave to simmer for a little while and use that for the sauce inside of my lasagne.

Hi,

just to say that in order to make sure the pasta cooks properly and isn't left hard and crunchy:
1) definitely cover the top layer of pasta completely with the mixture
2) definitely cover with foil during cooking

well, that's my two cents worth.
I made this last week and forgot to do both things mentioned above and the pasta was a bit undercooked and hard but he rest tadted AMAZING!
Just about to make it again now actually!
(I'm using just one tin of beans and one tin of tomatoes but plenty of mushrooms, peppers, garlic and onions)

Bon appetit everyone x

Yay, I keep meaning to search for this recipe but forgetting x so glad it was right infront of me when I logged on xx

Making this thursday xx

I like the sound of this but I do like cheese sauce on top of lasagne. I was thinking I could put the cheese&ham or cheese & brocoli pasta'n sauce on top of a vegetable lasagne to make a nice layer on top of the lasagne using hardly any syns?

If covered with foil - does anybody think this might work or has tried it themselves?

I think I'll fry courgette, onion and mushrooms in fry light - add som e garlic and passata leave to simmer for a little while and use that for the sauce inside of my lasagne.

Fromage frais works well if you want the creamy layer

Whenever I need a cheese sauce I use Asda Instant Cheese Sauce Mix (the ones made with water rather than milk) - its 9.5 syns for the whole pkt so works out at 2.5 syns when used in a recipe based on 4 servings when everything else is freefood. I think its worth the syns to have something that actually tastes "right". I use the white sauce mix for lasagne made up as directed but I usually add a bit more water to make it spread further, then top with 4 x cheese allowance. My family have no idea they are eating a "slimming" meal. ;)

Bumping this so i got the recipe! cant wait to make this !!!

I have recently aquired 30 tins of baked beans:confused: (my dad has dementia and has a thing about buying beans at last count he had 90 tins:confused:)

So looking for different things to do with beans.. will have to give this a go

Pete’s Baked Bean & Ham Lasagne

Serves 2

Ingredients

Pack of lasagne sheets (ff)
900g bottle of passata (s)(sff)
Slices of smoked wafer thin ham (ff)
1 tin 410g baked beans (ss)(ff)
Mixed herbs
Oven-proof dish
90g low fat cheddar (2x Hea) or 50g 7 syn/2=3.5 syns

Method

Soften the lasagne sheets with boiling water to make life easy, and then purr a thin layer of passata in the base of the oven-proof dish that has been sprayed with Fry Light.
Cover with lasagne sheets, layer of baked beans, layer of lasagne, layer of passata, layer of ham, layer of passata, layer of lasagne, layer of baked beans, layer of lasagne and then the final layer of passata, soaking all of the lasagne, sprinkle with mixed herbs, then grate the low fat cheddar over it all and place in a hot oven at 180c for 30mins covered with tinfoil, then remove the tinfoil for the last 10 mins

BakenBeanHamLasagne-1Large.jpg

BakedBeanHamLasagne-2Large.jpg

You can also do a Big Breakfast

Breakfast-2Small.jpg

Baked Potato & Baked Beans

BakedPotatoBeansEggSmall.jpg

Baked Beans & a Muffin

MuffinBurgerSmall.jpg

Bacon, Eggs & Baked Beans

BaconEggsBeansSmall.jpg

Beans & Egg on Toast

7Daybreakfast-2Small.jpg

Corned Beef & Baked Beans

CornedBeefMashPie-2Small.jpg

Whenever we find them on a special price we always buy at least 40 tins at a time! You can't get enough baked beans......:):)

Pete’s Baked Bean & Ham Lasagne

Serves 2

Ingredients

Pack of lasagne sheets (ff)
900g bottle of passata (s)(sff)
Slices of smoked wafer thin ham (ff)
1 tin 410g baked beans (ss)(ff)
Mixed herbs
Oven-proof dish
90g low fat cheddar (2x Hea) or 50g 7 syn/2=3.5 syns

Method

Soften the lasagne sheets with boiling water to make life easy, and then purr a thin layer of passata in the base of the oven-proof dish that has been sprayed with Fry Light.
Cover with lasagne sheets, layer of baked beans, layer of lasagne, layer of passata, layer of ham, layer of passata, layer of lasagne, layer of baked beans, layer of lasagne and then the final layer of passata, soaking all of the lasagne, sprinkle with mixed herbs, then grate the low fat cheddar over it all and place in a hot oven at 180c for 30mins covered with tinfoil, then remove the tinfoil for the last 10 mins

BakenBeanHamLasagne-1Large.jpg

BakedBeanHamLasagne-2Large.jpg

You can also do a Big Breakfast

Breakfast-2Small.jpg

Baked Potato & Baked Beans

BakedPotatoBeansEggSmall.jpg

Baked Beans & a Muffin

MuffinBurgerSmall.jpg

Bacon, Eggs & Baked Beans

BaconEggsBeansSmall.jpg

Beans & Egg on Toast

7Daybreakfast-2Small.jpg