Baked Beans Recipe?

gemily

Hi Everyone im new! I love slimming world and used to do it when i didn't need to lose weight, cause i loved the recipes. Now i want to lose some pounds! and I moved from England to Cancun, Mexico.
My only problem is... all the things i loved like quorn and baked beans i cannot buy in mexico :cry:

I was wondering if anyone knew a baked bean recipe which i could use as if they were "tinned" beans so i don't have to count them as syns?

xxx

I was hoping a few recipes were gonna be listed miself, i love beans :D
Come on ladies get those beans on the table, were starving here :cry:

Don't know if this the sort of thing you two looking for, but here goes!
6oz pasta shapes
15oz tin baked beans
7oz tin tomatoes, chopped
2tsp marmite or bovril
boil pasta as instucted,then drain well. Add all other ingrediants and stir well, then gently bring to the boil. Serve at once.

90z dried beans, soaked overnight
15oz tin baked beans
15oz tin chopped tomatoes with garlic
2tsp chilli powder
boil the dried beans until soft, boiling briskly for first 10 minutes. Drain, wash them then add baked beans, tomatoes and chilli powder. stir thoroughly then reheat and simmer for 5 minutes.
enjoy!

Thank you rosie! Those recipes look great! The only problem is i can't buy baked beans for the recipes... hehe

hi gemily, I have just started on sw but I'm quite fancying some sort of beanie. Not sure if you had them where you lived in UK but up North they do them in fish shops, basically a bean patty. I'll try to come up with a recipe and post it on here for you. I'm very jelaous of you living in Cancun! Been three times but not in the last few years- I miss the place :-(

Last edited:
Thank you jojojo! That sounds lovely! I think ive had those before not 100% sure though. I did once work in a fish and chip shop! haha Yes cancun is lovely, but it ALOT different when you live here the on holiday. Where did you stay in cancun?

Hi Gemily,

Baked beans are haricot beans in a tomato sauce. I don't know if you can buy dried haricot beans, I've bought them before I started on sw and made boston beans with them which are lovely but not very sw friendly!! Maybe you could google haricot beans recipe and see what you come up with. It's worth a try :)

thank you hazykay. I will look them up and hopefully find them! Hope the name is not to complicated in spanish (my spanish is not very good) haha :) so i will have a look for them. Thanks!

Hi Gemily, have been on red days so sorry for no recipe yet. Today or tomorrow I'll probs try something. I stayed at the Costa Real (changed names several times since then I think!) and then the Occidental Carribean Princess where I stayed twice.

Hi JoJoJo, thats cool i know both those places my bf used to work in the Real in playa and in the occidental haha :) If you have not been to cancun in the last few years its changed quite a bit. new shops/resturants/hotels etc :)

Back