Baked beans

Branston beans are my fave but I only buy them when they are on offer they are very often £1 for 4 pack at Asda or Lidl, at least once a month they are on special so just stock up when they are. x

I buy Don Mario Baked Beans Resealable Fridge Pack from B&M Bargains or Home Bargains for 99p you use as much as you need and keep the rest in the fridge - stays fresh for 5 days. i think some poundlands also have them.

Karen.hat said:
An anyone recommend an alternative to Heinz baked beans?

I'm trying this frugal thing for a werk starting tomorrow I want to stay on plan and eat speed foods (don't want much I know)

The thing is I'm not a lover of baked beans I can just about manage half a tin of Heinz then the rest gets binned but the cost is ridiculous but I've tasted smart price and they went in the bin after one fork

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I'm kinda fussy when it comes to beans but I like the branston or the aldi ones.

lanugowife said:
The Heinz were 2 x 4 packs for £3 at sainsburys when I went on Friday. Not an alternative but quite a good deal xx

That's fab will be getting some if those, wasn't keen on also ones am def sticking to Heinz and this deal makes them cheap as chips at less that 40p a can

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I was wondering... the mung bean wrap recipe that was on here a couple of weeks ago, could drained, rinsed beans be whizzed and cooked the same way? you know what... I might try it for giggles anyway lol.

I was wondering... the mung bean wrap recipe that was on here a couple of weeks ago, could drained, rinsed beans be whizzed and cooked the same way? you know what... I might try it for giggles anyway lol.

You mean baked beans or beans in general? Either way I'm interested in your results! x

Flibsey said:
I mean baked beans. I tried mungbean wraps and they were awesome, and I am a massive fan of baked beans so... you never know!

How did you do the mung bean wraps? Did you just follow the recipe from here? It didn't work for me, they fell apart in the cooking process so I ended up with lumps of fried mung beans and no wraps :(

Back