Baked Beans?

Itoy & Suerti

Life is what you make it
Ive been having baked beans with my 2 eggs and 1 wholegrain toast every morning - I am concerned about if the backed beans in tomato sauce is actully doing more harm than good?? I love them and they really fill me up - but im walking everyday and dont want that wasted for a few beans... :p

Itoy & Suerti said:
Ive been having baked beans with my 2 eggs and 1 wholegrain toast every morning - I am concerned about if the backed beans in tomato sauce is actully doing more harm than good?? I love them and they really fill me up - but im walking everyday and dont want that wasted for a few beans... :p
Hi x
They are packed full of protein but also carbs and Spose you ought to watch the sugar content too .!!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

The beans are terrific for you, with lots of protein, fiber, and complex carbs. Complex carbs are ok and what our bodies were designed for. It is the refined carbs that aren't good for us. Your toast will be refined carbs.
To be honest, for myself the beans are the only part of the breakfast I would keep. Out with the toast because it is refined carbs, and out with the eggs for their cholesterol.
I eat baked beans on occasion but look for the ones with the lowest salt and lowest sugar available. Better to eat beans without any salt or sugar, say in a soup, stir fry, salad, etc.

[h=2]Personally I wouldn't worry too much about the beans, especially if you buy the low salt/sugar ones. I also would carry on eating your eggs. It seems eggs are high in the good (protective) type of cholesterol, not the bad type. Info below taken from the British Heart Foundation website...

I've heard that eating too many eggs can raise your cholesterol - how many can I eat?
[/h]For most people there is currently no limit on the number of eggs that you can eat in a week. However, because the recommendation has changed over the years, it's often a common source of confusion.
In the past a restriction on eggs was recommended because we thought that foods high in cholesterol (including liver, kidneys and shellfish, as well as eggs) could have an impact on cholesterol levels in the body.
However, as research in this area has developed, so has our understanding of how foods that contain cholesterol affect people’s heart health.
For most people, the amount of saturated fat they eat has much more of an impact on their cholesterol than eating foods that contain cholesterol, like eggs and shellfish. So unless you have been advised otherwise by your doctor or dietician, if you like eggs, they can be included as part of a balanced and varied diet.

Eggs are one of the most natural food sources.

If you are concerned why not make scrambeld eggs using the whites? they contain no colestrioal little to no fat and good protein. a slice of toasted wholemeal bread with beans on the side :)

But agian don't worry about all that stuff
As your breakfast is pretty healthy to begin with
try look for a low sugar or sugar free baked beans or even better make them yourself! :D

As long as you make your daily macros then you can pretty much eat anything you like.
But that dosent mean go eat takeaways non stop lol keep it healthy and balanced.

Back