Banana on toast

HannahG84

Hi, could someone help me, on extra easy, if i use one small banana on my HEB small brown toast, does the banana have to be synned if its sliced or 'squashed' on? Thanks :)

no, if you mashed it in a bowl and put it on then you would have to syn it. But slicing and kinda squashing it to keep it on is ok!

The whole mashed fruit is syns things relly bugs me, but the rules are that if you mush it up it is syns. So, slicing your banana onto your toast is fine. Mashing it down with your fork is not. Ridiculous, but there you go!

Its based on the principle that the more you mush it down the less we have to work to physically eat it and the more you could eat. Maybe its not as bad as juicing oranges or stewing apples but if SW brought in extra little rules people would struggle to grasp all the rules! And I think for many people there are enough rules as it is to get their head round.

If you were mashing up several bananas for a recipe, then you would eat more than if you were eating them whole. Several bananas mash down into a relatively small amount and if they were mixed into something else then you might eat a lot, whereas you probably wouldn't sit down and eat several bananas whole.

But if it is just one banana on toast, then I don't worry too much. After all, the rule doesn't say what you can slice it with, so I slice mine with a fork!

I love banana on toast. I always slice it now just in case! Ha ha! It's lovely on ryvita too :) x

I love banana on toast and slice mine lengthways then press it down with a fork! Its really only to stop the banana falling off

Back