Original banana`s

They're free foods, but a few women at my group say this and my first SW consultant suggested they wouldn't help if ate in large quantities. I eat a banana every morning with breakfast and I've been doing ok so far...

cheers i thought i`d seen it on here somewhere that they can slow weight loss down as i seem to have hit the stop button or something im only having one or two a day

You're best to ask your SW consultant though (or see what others on here say) as I am not 100% sure how true it is. I wouldn't imagine 1-2 a day would stop weight loss...so if it CAN I want to know too!!! Eeeek x

if you're struggling with your weight loss or not getting the results you want, it's more likely to be something else rather than the bananas. As a free food they alone shouldn't cause a gain, check through everything else in your food diary just to be certain cos it's a shame to exclude anything that's free. Although having said that variety is everything and your body does get bored of routine after a while so why not shake things up with a whole new range of fruits. You'll def see and feel the benefits.

I think the thing to remember is that although fruits like bananas and grapes are free, they aren't speed foods so if I were you I'd stick with the bananas if you enjoy them (and let's face it they're convenient) but boost your weight loss with some superspeed berries while you're at it x

Well done that man for getting through a bunch a day, I like banana's but couldn't eat that many a day.

I eat 1 banana a day, I suppose it all depends on individual metabolism as to how they work for us.

i think there was a lady at my old SW from years ago who had a problem with prunes. these affected her weight loss and when she cut back she lost a lot more weight.

That's strange because send you to the loo and that should have helped her weight loss I suppose, still it depends on how many she was eating.

My old grandma used to call prunes 'black coated workers' maybe those of us who have been having problems with constipation should try a few, LOL.....

On things like weight watchers bananas are higher in points than other fruits so i can see how they can effect weight loss eventually like when your near your target weight. i also heard you shouldnt eat more than two or three bananas a day because of the high amounts of potassium x

Many many years ago I was going to a different slimming club where they counted calories but all fruit and veg (except potatoes) were free foods. This man kept gaining weight EVERY week untill he was nearly a stone heavier than when he started. No body could understand why as he filled in his food diary faithfully untill the consultant asked him how many bananas he was eating a day. About 15 a day he replied! At approx 100 calories each that was his daily allowance gone in bananas. Once he curbed this and had a couple a day the weight dropped off him!

Everything in moderation I think lol

Back