*bangs head against wall!* ARGHH!

Littleslimmingbee

Gold Member
Oh im stuck in such a rut!

Im so poorly all the bleeping time with this pregnancy, but have stopped being sick (well, except for friday) thanks to anti sickness pills, so have been able to eat reguarly.. but i cant stand being in the kitchen..thinking of ANY sort of food makes my stomach turn so preparing anything myself is out of the question, leaving me in the very *capable* (hes sat next to me :p) but limited hands of OH. Subsequently my diet has consisted of chocolate cereals, ice lollies, pizza, burgers and chips, flapjack, chocolate and bacon sarnies. . the occasional apple and lots of oranges.

:eek: *bangs my head against wall* .. its driving me insane, i keep going to be saying 'okay, tomorrow lots of wholegrain, healthy foods and i'd like to go swimming, try some yoga.. but the minute i get up, the tiredness, nausia and general muzzy head and crappyness hits and i think, right now.. any food would be good.

after my funny turn at work and my blood sugars being so low, i cant work that out.. how are they possibly low with all im eating!? theyv now told me to keep full fat coke cans on me at all times to avoid any more 'incidents' like that.. great. full fat this, full fat that..

everyone keeps saying ' oh, your pregnant its fine!' .. or ' you do what you have to do for baby right now' but i cant help but think.. yeah thats fine, but your not the one getting fat, and your not the one eating crap all day long!!!! they wont be the ones struggeling to get weight off after youv gone pop!

i missed last Wi due to a works meeting and i just feel like its all spiralling out of control.. then i overheard a friends bf saying ' i cant believe she got her body looking that good, and now shes preggers!' and i thought.. :( all my romantic ideas of wearing a binkini on holiday and looking all beautiful, and all baby.. and right now all i look like is that im packing my weight back on!!! and as wev only told a select people i feel like im desperate to tell everyone so it doesnt just look like im 'eating as i used to now that iv finished dieting' as everyone loves to judge!

i love this baby so much, but being this poorly is getting me down and whilst i dont regret our descion.. and its purly selfish to feel this way.. i suddenly am feeling really resentful to whats happening to my body. :( i worked so hard.

sorry, another rambelly post from me. Im finding this alot harder than expected.

Hello

and congrats on your pregnancy! You really are being hard on yourself, anyone that tells you pregnancy isnt an illness obviously didnt suffer morning (morning my arse!) sickness. Its exhausting, then working as well as trying to eat heathily, give yourself a break and go with the flow a bit at least until the sickness passes. Should only be a couple more weeks (hopefully) then when all that passes you can concentrate on healthy eating. You need to eat things at the moment that really get you through the day, for the sake of your own health. The baby will be fine, its sappping all it needs from you leaving you like feeling like pants!!! I know exactly how you feel, you want to be excited but just getting the energy to get out of bed in the morning is enough for the day!

Honestly please look after yourself and try not to worry about dieting at the moment, think about it when you are feeling better.

Helen xxx

I haven't been in the position of trying to watch my weight whilst was pregnant but I feel for you! I would say the most important thing is your health and at the moment being pregnant you do need more of some things than when not pregnant and especially if you have had health scares.
When you have been really focussed on sw it must be hard to switch to thinking of carrying around full fat coke etc but if you can just switch the focus and find a happy compromise maybe you can adjust and not feel like you are so frustrated and banging your head against the wall?
Ignore what others are saying especially the sniping! Having a baby in your body is a beautiful thing even if it doesn't feel like it! You can keep you and baby as healthy as possible during pregnancy and then get back to where you want to be with the diet etc.
Good luck!

i was sick for the whole 9 months with 2 of my pregnancies they were both girls was pleased final 1 was a boy as was fine

I think this ones a boy, causing me trouble before its even born!!

i want to feel healthy!! im just not sure what i can do right now. x

Fern, like has been said already, the sickness will pass, so try not to worry so much right now and when you are feeling a bit more in control you can look at your healthy eating. It won't be long then you'll feel like yourself again!

Sorry to hear you arent feeling so good.

I know its not what you want to hear but this will pass. The reason they are telling you to carry full fat coke around with you is that it is a very quick way to push your blood sugars back up. Its not full "fat" coke, its full "sugar" coke and it could stop you from having one of those turns you had yesterday. You wont necessarily have to drink the whole can but it could make the difference between waking up with people checking your pulse and controlling it yourself. Your blood sugars are probably all over the place with you having been sick so much and so you need to have a method of topping them up that works quickly.

As far as the rest of your diet goes - go with the flow. If you cant stomach cooking yourself for a while and OH isnt prepared to follow SW methods of cooking, there isnt a great deal you can do about it, other than eat what you can when you can. You have 30 weeks of this pregnancy left and plenty of time to get back on plan and minimise any damage when you are feeling better.

You HAVE worked very hard to lose your weight and you know inside out how to do the plan. Which puts you in a very strong position to lose any gain after the baby is born. Dont be disheartened by how things are now, you will soon forget all of this when it's all over and done with and you are cuddling your baby.

There is no reason why you cannot regain your pre-pregnancy shape. Get some stretch mark cream or cocoa butter and start slapping it on your tummy so that you minimise the chances of any stretch marks happening, but remember that if you do get stretch marks, you have two choices, you can hate them, or you can remember who put them there and be happy to have a little reminder of that time on your body.

Just try and focus on the fact that things will not always be this way and there is light at the end of the tunnel. Ignore the people who make catty comments - they obviously have nothing better to do with their time. You are going to be a great mum.

Sorry to hear you arent feeling so good.

I know its not what you want to hear but this will pass. The reason they are telling you to carry full fat coke around with you is that it is a very quick way to push your blood sugars back up. Its not full "fat" coke, its full "sugar" coke and it could stop you from having one of those turns you had yesterday. You wont necessarily have to drink the whole can but it could make the difference between waking up with people checking your pulse and controlling it yourself. Your blood sugars are probably all over the place with you having been sick so much and so you need to have a method of topping them up that works quickly.

As far as the rest of your diet goes - go with the flow. If you cant stomach cooking yourself for a while and OH isnt prepared to follow SW methods of cooking, there isnt a great deal you can do about it, other than eat what you can when you can. You have 30 weeks of this pregnancy left and plenty of time to get back on plan and minimise any damage when you are feeling better.

You HAVE worked very hard to lose your weight and you know inside out how to do the plan. Which puts you in a very strong position to lose any gain after the baby is born. Dont be disheartened by how things are now, you will soon forget all of this when it's all over and done with and you are cuddling your baby.

There is no reason why you cannot regain your pre-pregnancy shape. Get some stretch mark cream or cocoa butter and start slapping it on your tummy so that you minimise the chances of any stretch marks happening, but remember that if you do get stretch marks, you have two choices, you can hate them, or you can remember who put them there and be happy to have a little reminder of that time on your body.

Just try and focus on the fact that things will not always be this way and there is light at the end of the tunnel. Ignore the people who make catty comments - they obviously have nothing better to do with their time. You are going to be a great mum.

what she said!!!!! except she said it far more eloquently than i ever could :D

Hello Fern,

I really emphasise with you, I'm 20 weeks preggers and its only the past few weeks that I've finally started feeling better and more like myself.

This is my second pregnancy and like you I've had stages where ive "hated" being pregnant cos of the illness (my first pregnancy was so easy)

During the times of being poorly, Ive gone with the flow and now I'm better I've concentrated on my eating.

The first trimester I gained 6lbs but from there on till now I've STS and baby is really healthy.

Try and take it easy

Good luck x x

Fern, go find Island breezes diary !! she's in the silver members section, her duaghter is 3 months old now and she had extreme nausea and sickness all the way through. it might be good just to talk to someone who's been thru similar.
Otherwise I can only say that with all the discomforts of pregnancy it really is worth it in the end

I can understand how you feel, you've done so well & now you feel like you're going to put it all back on. We all know that's not going to happen.

What do you fancy eating, because you need to eat for yours & your baby's health. Can you ask OH to make you something you fancy, something which is easy to cook & SW friendly. Even if you do a little a day it's better than all the crap you have been eating. And SW is a healther way of eating than the pizza, burgers & chips you have been eating.

Just do what you can when you can & look after yourself.

Congratulations fern on your pregnancy!! Sometimes it's hard to accept the changes to our body when it's out of our control, your body shape will change & you will get bigger but you have to keep telling yourself your not getting fat, you have a beautiful baby in there yay!!

The sickness will pass, and then try get back into the mind-frame again and try go for little walks etc, your going to do great, pregnancy Is so special, and yes you did get slim & then get pregnant but that's because you wanted a nice healthy body for your baby to live in :)

i missed last Wi due to a works meeting and i just feel like its all spiralling out of control.. then i overheard a friends bf saying ' i cant believe she got her body looking that good, and now shes preggers!' and i thought.. :( all my romantic ideas of wearing a binkini on holiday and looking all beautiful, and all baby.. and right now all i look like is that im packing my weight back on!!!

You've done an amazing job - by losing that weight you have made yourself much healthier to carry a baby and that's a wonderful gift to give your baby.

You don't have to have cans of sugary coke around - cartons of fruit juice contain natural sugars AND vitamins and minerals - my daughter has hypoglycaemic attacks and this is what the consultant told her to use.

There are plenty of foods that you can eat that require minimal prep that are good for both you and the baby, even if they're not what you would always eat. If you can't bear the texture of yogurt you could make a smoothie with yogurt and frozen fruit (I know you're supposed to syn the fruit in a smoothie, but if you only use 75-100 gms I wouldn't bother). Ready Brek instant porridge sachets might work - I couldn't stand the sight or texture of porridge when I was pregnant but could manage these (especially the golden syrup one).

Part of your problem might be a lack of complex carbs - simple carbs raise your blood sugar quickly but then your sugar levels plummet just as quickly (which can make morning sickness much worse). It might be worth forgetting about syns at the moment and focussing on foods you can eat that are slow release for sugar - there's loads of stuff on t'internet about high GI foods. If you can eat a high GI diet you will automatically eat less calories and stabilise your blood sugar levels.

I felt like the walking dead for the first four months of both my pregnancies because of sickness. With my daughter I put on four stone :eek: because I just ate anything to keep me going but with my son I made sure I a load of 'good' stuff in the house (especially things that I didn't have to open tins - that, and having to look in the fridge used to make me feel really sick!). I would buy really nice wholegrain rolls and I lived on these, fruit and yogurt for four months. By the end of my pregnancy I had only put on 4 pounds - and breast feeding meant I could eat a huge bar of Cadburys fruit and nut every day and still lose 4-5 pounds a week (he was a BIG baby!). By the time he was six months I was nearly six stone lighter than when I got pregnant.

Although you feel out of control of your body at the moment it will get better and in a few months you will have the most beautiful baby and realise that all this horribleness was worth it.

id swop any day, ive been trying for 12 months now and still nothing, im losing weight so hopefully i can have ivf, peppermint tea supposed to help ease sickness

id swop any day, ive been trying for 12 months now and still nothing, im losing weight so hopefully i can have ivf, peppermint tea supposed to help ease sickness

((hugs)) honey, i remember you saying before how you have been trying for some time now.
I feel awful for complaining, but please dont think for one minute that i am ungreatful for this pregnancy.. i am incredibly lucky to have fallen pregnant, and genuinly believe i wouldnt have been so lucky should i have not lost my weight previous to trying.. i wish you all the best in your ivf, and really hope that this happens for you. xxx

thanks for all your replies everyone. Im feeling *ok* food wise tonight, so i am going to sit down and make a list to get some food in that is healthy. Granted, its my birthday wednesday so this week would have never have been on plan anyways, but i dont want to feel like crap anymore!

Maybe i need to concider some red/green days in order to have more HEB's to help?

xxx

thanks, i wasnt saying u was ungrateful just saying if and when i am pregnant i dont mind having it bad, just nice to be pregnant

thanks, i wasnt saying u was ungrateful just saying if and when i am pregnant i dont mind having it bad, just nice to be pregnant

i know you werent hun, but i know how it feels to want something so bad.

I think is is proberly why i am struggeling so much, i wanted this SO bad, and for so long.. i just remember thinking ' i wont care, because il be having a baby' but when youv constantly got your head down the loo and are in and out of hospital and the doctors, you begin to let it get to you a bit. there isnt anything beautiful about the first tri, i promise everyone that! lol

I just hope it passes soon so i can genuinly feel like im enjoying this. Right now i just feel like i want someone else to be pregnant for me and il have my baby at the end lol xxx

Fern don't forget aswell (and trust me I hate saying this.......but) don't forget your hormones will be absolutly all over the place & making you feel super sensative.

Once the yucky sickness stage has passed, hopefully you will totally flourish!

I was amazed that both my pregnancies I lost weight! 2nd like you I felt totally dreadful, I used to eat bags of tom tom crisps when I felt deadful, which was alot of the time!! In the end after everything settled down, I was able to get back in the kitchen & cook! During my first I had the horrible matalic taste all throughout, that put me off so much food!!

Really hope that you start to feel abit better soon x x x

Awww Fernie please don't feel bad. If it's any consolation, I ate crap for the first 6 months of pregnancy and I didn't really put much on and have lost since I got my head back in gear the last couple of months. You probably feel "fat" now because you're bloated, which is common in the first trimester anyway. As you approach your second, your belly will start to take shape and you'll have a proper bump and no bloat. Just try to eat healthy when you can and take it easy the rest of the time. ((((((HUGS))))))

Back